Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Well seeing as most people have finished their CS4 beers, I propose sorting a date and numbers for CS5...

As I will be away in march and april, im thinking late May early June?? That would give me enough time to get something done after I get back!

So who is keen?

Views: 201

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, I go away for the week and I miss an important topic! I reckon I should be clear of visitors and all that crap by the end of May/beginning of June so I'd be interested if there is space. Early June would be better for me.
Ok I have decided against Doing the Vanilla Eis Weiss Baby (Cant be arsed with all the hard work nursing the beer every day) instead I need you guys to be my Guinea Pigs for my US Brown IPA Lite, (No Acetaledehyde included) It will Brew 3 by then of the same beer!! So hopefully it will be palletable?? Also no Flaked Rye as well it has given this beer a dominating green spice to the beer allmost like bitting into a cardamon peel (no seeds), Im disliking this beer quite a alot!! It might get a little hard to finish the last 5-10L, lucky I now know a Geordie and I bet he would be missing abit of brown!!
lol, Mike you seriously need to learn some patience! Do me a favour, and dont touch your US brown lite for 2-3 weeks, then try it again before you say you dont like it!

otherwise I can see this happening - you will struggle through most of it only to get to the last 2 pints that have been perfectly conditioned then say - OMG, this beer was absolutely awesome!!

I thought my Little IPA was crap as hell for the first 3 weeks in the keg, it definately took alot longer to condition out and mellow everything than most beers normally do - im not sure why, but it came right after that time and started tasting awesome, apart from the lack of malt character...
Allrighty, update on potential numbers - anymore keen to put your name down?

AKL

Reviled
Barry
Haish
Martin

WLG

Simon D Kelly
Matthew
JackoNZ
David Wood
Mr Cherry
Alasdair
Nolen
Stu
Dale

CHC

James P
Drunken Pope
Ally
Tom Ashton
Crabbey
Dale
Steven Driessen
I thought Mike was keen:
"I need you guys to be my Guinea Pigs for my US Brown IPA Lite"

I don't mind sitting out a case swap to give others a go if need be.

Looks like there's almost enough for a Wellington only case swap.
Woops, too right... Updated... Well leave your name up for now anyway Mr Cherry, as people will probably drop out closer to the time when they realise they dont have enough beer or something...

AKL

Reviled
Barry
Haish
Martin

WLG

Mike
Simon D Kelly
Matthew
JackoNZ
David Wood
Mr Cherry
Alasdair
Nolen
Stu
Dale

CHC

James P
Drunken Pope
Ally
Tom Ashton
Crabbey
Dale
Steven Driessen
Nah im out. 4 Kegs full and I cant see my self getting one in before it happens!! Damn!!
"I cant see my self getting one in before it happens"

You dont intend on brewing before late May?? Maybe its time you looked for ways to shorten your brew day ;o) lol

Datewise, im thinking 29/30 of May, so the beers arrive in time for Queens Birthday weekend :o)
I'm still keen. Can we agree on a date as I'm doing a bit of brew scheduling at the minute?
Oh shit I thought is was like 2-3 weeks away!! Im away for a couple of weeks in April/May but should get it in.
Add me to the list Rev, if there's space - I'm in. I'll be brewing my CS beer in the next couple of weeks, so as long as I can keep my greedy mitts off it there'll be enough to send you guys!
All good mate, 15 750ml PET's is what youll need.. Cheers for making Auckland look a bit healthier ;o) I guess wellington truely is the beer capital?

AKL

Reviled
Barry
Haish
Martin
Vdog

WLG

Mike
Simon D Kelly
Matthew
JackoNZ
David Wood