Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hiya folks!

I would like to start bottling a good amount of my beer from my kegs. The options I see that seem to be best are counter pressure bottle fillers, and the Blichmann Beer Gun.

Unfortunately INI does not have the Beer Gun in stock anymore. However, I think this is probably the way to go for ease of use. So, two questions.

1) Do you know somewhere in NZ or .AU I can order a Blichmann Beer Gun?

2) Is a bottle filler easy enough to use without a second person being there to hold the bottle?

Views: 2939

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just over an hour to sanitise, fill and cap 150 330ml bottles.

Yeah, I do somewhere in the region of 1.5 hours for setup, bottling, cleanup (including cleaning the keg)
although I'm never really in a rush and usually watching TV at the same time, etc. ha!

That's pretty quick! How many brews are you doing a week now?

Between 1 and 3 brews a week - tank space being the determining factor.

Well you can get it off them... apart from when they are out of stock, like now.

I contacted Jim and he replied "I'm arranging a shipment and expect more stock of Blichmann equipment mid to late November, the shipping gods permitting."

I've told him to put one aside for me.

I have one of these mounted on the side of my fridge http://www.pegas.lt/en/10-pegas.html I didn't read the fine print when I purchased it from a guy in Aussie for about $120 NZD delvered,it is for PET bottles so I need to make an adaptor up to fit glass bottles but fills PET bottles well and quickly, only issue is you still need to hold the bottle where as the beer gun you can rest it on the ground,

mind it does look cool hanging off the side of the fridge

Yip. I put a high bid on it and am leading.

Would it not just be easier to bottle a few before you keg the rest? Or am I missing something here.

I prefer leaving it in the keg for a few days/weeks to mature a bit and to allow the CO2 to more easily dissolve into the beer at colder temperatures. This makes it much easier to bottle.

I like being able to control exact carbonation levels without having added sediment in the bottles. This is why I keg, force carbonate, then bottle if bottling at all.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service