Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Upon reflection I have realised that Motueka was my favourite from last winters lagers, so is the basis for my Czech Pilsner a page or two back:-) Will be trying it in some ales as well when the temperatures are appropriate.

Sort of fucked up my brew this morning. Weighed out and milled the grist for a pale instead of a brownie.
80% malteurop
10% Munich
10% Cara

I got the hops right though, Super Alpha to bitter
Then Sauvin, Pacifica and Cascade at 20 10 and 1

1032 ish with a repitch of W1968

Looks like a nice little beer though jt.  I brewed something similar about a year ago and really enjoyed it.  Mine didn't have munich but did have a touch of brown malt.  What temp will you be fermenting at with the 1968?

All depends on the weather Mr C.
I have no temperature so each is a uniquely crafted uncontrolled ferment :-)

But probably starting around 16 and ending up at 21 if I can.

Ferment or event? :-P

Nah, it's not fancy enough to be classed as an event.

I think I should be the judge of that, you will have to send me a bottle to facilitate this.

yum. What do you mean by "Cara"?

Caramalt, whatever's on offer in the 30EBC range.

Overshot the volume, undershot the gravity. I think I'm being a bit generous with the water.

Came in a smidge under 1032

The stoopid strip thermometer on the fermenter reads 14 this morning, slow start

Giving this recipe another crack this morning.
Just mashed in. Using slightly less Sauvin and more of the Cascade and Pacifica. Yeast is a spur of the moment purchase, Thames Valley II and I always regret those impulse buys.

I've been using Thames Valley II a bit recently.. I've found you need to be careful of it flocculating out early. It smells amazing when fermenting though!

So there's some good news, thanks Stu.
I don't mind too much if it stops early in a low gravity.
How about the comments that it needs a d rest? More a problem if it stops early?

What smells are you getting from the ferment, I thought I picked up stone fruit from the starter, but as that was using hopped wort from my last brew wasn't taking that too seriously

I like the lower temperature range it supposedly has. What temps have you fermented at Stu and what result?

Sunday morning q&a huh?

Cheers, jt

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service