Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94604

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Going to make a couple of Helles today and wheat beer with 3068 yeast, just not sure what % wheat to add.  50% too much?

Bewed my first dark beer today. A scottish oat meal stout. And had my first boil over!

82.7% Maris Otter

5.1 % Chocolate

5.1% Crystal 80L

5.1% Oats

1.9% Roast Barley

45g Goldings @ 90mins

200mls slurry of WLP 028 Edinburgh Ale yeast

Also bottled my 80/- and harvested the WLP 028 yeast.

Dougal - got a jar of slurry for you. Just message me when it's good to drop off!

I just looked the WLP 028 up. Sounds like a good yeast! 

I have plans on a brown, but am keen on a Porter/Stout and a Scottish Ale sometime soon too.

Didn't get my whit done yesterday due to a few refitting issues...

Boiler is running now :p

3kg wheat

2.5kg pils

0.5 munich I

1.2oz coriander seed

zest of two lemons (off our first lemon tree)

20g cascade 40m boil

40g cascade 5m boil

3068 yeast or belgian farmhouse, still undecided...  Never used the 3068 yet.  Anyone have any comments on the yeast I'd be happy to know before 11:30 

Brewing a US Blonde this morning with the C-Blend hops from Liberty, fairly hoppy, all from 20 mins or later. Mix of Pils/GP and a touch of Munich and Cara Red. Keeping it simple with good ols us-05

I did an IPA recently with them. Mostly late hopped. Is a nice blend!

Yea smelt great and final gravity sample tasted pretty good. Prob have enough for a pale ale left.

Brewed an American IPA exclusively with the C-Type blend from Liberty...250g in a 18Lt batch, 

2g/L at 60

6.5g/L at 10

5g/L Dry Hop

Ended up winning our Hamilton Brewers Association American IPA Comp, so was pretty pleased with that...

Only have 1 bottle left unfortunately, loved those C hops...lots of Pine/Citrus and Resin!

Wish I had got more from Liberty!

Beautiful still brew day weather today :) Brewing a Rauchbier for the next WBC. The smoked aroma coming from the mash tun was gorgeous!

Yep had too, weather too good.. and no howling wind to battle with.

Just went through the box of left over grains and made up the following...

Style - Marzen Maybe for the Summer.

1.5Kg Malteurope Pilsner

3.5Kg Bohemin Pilsner

520gr Vienna

500gr Munich

200gr CaraMunich I

Bittered with Northern

Flavour/Armoa - Pacific Gem & East Kent

Will pitch with WPL820.

Was meant to mash for 90minutes but a last minute request from the missus (supermarket) meant the mash got over 2 hours to itself.

This cold weather has got me hankerin for some stout, so I brewed this today:

4kg MO

0.7kg Wheat

0.55kg Roast Barely

0.2kg crystal 130

24g Southern Cross 60min

Safbrew s-33

24L, OG 1.056

Not quite sure where I am stylistically with this one, hoping to get lots of coffee flavours with a touch fruit and ester.

Just about ready for my second hop addition on a 'female friendly' pale ale. my garage smells like a brewery. oooh yeh, thats coz it is :-) happy days

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service