Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the usual brew cycle would have it a Mild - enticing eh ?
Oh, but the current thinking is something along the lines of Studio's Spellbinder or Mr Cherry's B-Sharp or somewhere in between and allowing for what's on hand etc etc
What JT is trying to say is. "I'll be brewing the Maximus clone. Booyah!"
I second the notion to brew the maximus clone ;o) Gotta make it something special for the big 700 mate, that is quite the achievement!!
just a wee tinkering - maximus meets NZ Draught !
V3.0 of our NZ IPA this weekend.

Kolsch - 87%
Caramalt - 3.5%
Weetbix - 1.5%
Table sugar - 8%

Cascade
Motueka
Pacific Jade

Emphasis on P.J. Cascade can take more of a back seat in this one.

US05
late hopping with the PJ mate? Have you tried it late before??
Not brewed it personally but I have tasted one before (maybe Mike's?) that was tasty.
Any thoughts?
Yeah get rid of the weetbix :oP lolz

Also if I was going to be adding that much sugar id want more crystal/carapils in there to up the body, the sugaz gonna thin it out, looking at that recipe (depending on mash temp) id say this will finish about 1008, which is too thin IMO for an IPA, but guess it depends what youre going for...
Can't take out the weetbix! Haven't had a bad beer since those dry, tasteless little slabs were dropped into the mash ;-)

Previous versions were too malty, we've found the kolsch is a monster so too much crystal makes it a bit sweet. Hence taking a few % off the caramalt and adding the sugar. I could drop the sugar back to about 5% and aim for 1.0012-14.
Totally see what youre saying about the maltyness of the kolsch, allthough id be tempted not to add any sugar and just cut back the crystal.. But yeah, I wouldnt wanna go higher than 5% sugaz

What did your last two finish at? And they were no sugaz versions??

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service