Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Seen something on Trademe that others maybe interested in...post it here

Views: 33095

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I used one of those for brewing in for a few years before I moved to gas. Can fit about 29L in there when full to the brim. Its a bit slow heating up but it doesn't scorch the wort. It doesn't give a very vigorous boil but I have made pilsners and never had a DMS issue so it must be enough.

I now use it for my HLT for my sparge water. Doesn't matter that it is slow as I have to wait for the mash to happen anyway. Also you can set 75 degrees (or any temp) on the thermostat and when you need it you know it will be within a degree or 2 of the set temp.
Yeh I sure ive heard a few different people talk about them on here before!

On a different note heres a old school 23l keg setup with co2 bottle ,reg ,gun and all!
The keg looks like its been custom fabricated
http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=301987838
The 50L pot from the pot set linked to on the previous page..

The listing reads "perfect for 40L of beer" I would say it's possible for 40L of beer rather than perfect a little more head space would be better.
Volume = π*r2*h and according to his measurements... this would make the pot 47 Liters... false advertising... sheesh!
or the pot is 50L and the dimensions are out by 5mm each.
It's all good - I sell the same pots on Liberty and they are absolutey perfect for brewing with.
I should have put one of those smiley face things after I said sheesh.... I'm feeling guilty now.... ;)
I didn't think you were serious - no one really says sheesh when they are serious do they?
Straight face humor is always best (but often gets lost when taken to internet forums)
In my experience playing with these thin pots they are also tapered top to bottom slightly!
For example the one I have is 470 dia top x 450 dia bott x 450 high so
V=Pi*H/12 (d2+d*b+b2) = 74.79 litres so ~75litres

Using the top id of 470 and presuming the pot is paralell cylinder you get 78 litres!
Hows that for complicating it even more furtherer!!

No wonder there is confusion about the volumes of these pots why the manufacturer cant just put the volumes on them I will never know.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service