Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm slowly aquiring parts for a single tier set up.

I'm stumped at which burners to use at the moment.

What's everyone using and how do you find it?

Cheers and beers,

Glenim.

Views: 2179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chris, I posted this in a previous thread..... I couldnt be happier with my Bayou, bang for buck you can't beat it!......"

For what its worth, anyone on the hunt for a good burner...I got one of these off Amazon after my batch size doubled.... then trippled.

http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-SP10-High-Pressure-Outdoor/dp/B...

Used to struggle with a 3ring burner but this little guy handles everything so far...I have 80 liters of wort to the boil in under half an hour. Uses 4kg of gas for a 90 minute boil

Plus the metal stand is surprisingly tough, it will handle a full 100 liter pot. If you want an easy future proof solution without having to build a stand or anything, this is the one."

When I got mine a while ago it was $150 delivered

I'd second this burner, got one after asparknz's recommendation. Tried it out this weekend, love the stand, really solid. Got my mash water up to temp nice and quick, once at boiling I had to turn it right down as I keep my lid on with a hole cut out. I doubt I used any more gas than normal how low I was at for boil. For $140 delivered you can't argue with that, especially as I know when I do a 40L batch or more it will still do the job.

Yeah this might be the best option for me too.

looks good! a 50L keg fits on the stand? may need to buy one

I've been looking at these or similar too. Are you just using a standard lpg gas bottle and the regulator it comes with for the burner?

Yes, swappa bottles for me. It does lose a bit of grunt when the bottles get low.... I assume this is because its a high preaure reg on a low pressure bottle? I don't understand the difference though so could be totally wrong. Still capable of bringing a full kettle to the boil, just not nuclear as it is on a fresh bottle.

What I find happens is that when the gas bottle gets low and you are taking gas out of it quickly it cools down a lot. Ice on the outside of the bottle etc. this drop in temperature drops the gas pressure in the bottle. Sit your bottle in a tub of warm water and it will keep cranking to pretty much the last drop!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service