Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well you may have to beat yourself with that 4x2 to loose the required brain cells to buy it en-mass....
In hindsight 'woody' wasn't perhaps the best flavour descriptor I could have used.

In any event, I figure its worth a nudge. If any of the craft breweries we know and love released a one off barrel aged beer we'd be rushing to try it so why should it be any different because its by the Big Two? I was pleasantly surprised by it and think the more people that try it, the better it'll be in the long run - LN will start brewing better beer, the beer drinking public will get themselves a bit of flavour in their beers and the world will be a happier place.
You're right Ally, if the beers good you buy it.

I buy Macs Hop Rocker all the time, I consider it good, if Empire is good then I'll buy it!
Hear hear. Hence the support for Brewjolais (although I agree it wasn't at its best this year). It's all about the beer, not who makes it.
More a case of what am I not drinking.
Been talking to Mr Cherry about his B-Sharp hop combination and organised a swap of P-Sharp and the latest from North Welly.
I thought a Roosters Dark at the Parrot & Jigger would be good, but bugger it, it doesn't open 'til 3pm on a Monday
Roosters Dark would have been nice but it's a cup of coffee for me after rearranging my beer fridge fit the additional beers that jt gave me. 'Lucious Lime' didn't fit and has been relegated to the kitchen fridge. Cheers jt.
Yea that Luscious Lime, a piccy of that really belongs in the Beer Label thread eh ?
Oh, that Luscious Lime - the bottle's still soft, needs to condition warm a bit longer
Roger!
Drinking ? P-Sharp !

I don't really qualify as a case swapper, so comments here instead.
Astringent ? No, a little bitey on the tongue, at first, when cold. I'm picking the gas.

The hops ? Mr C, that's an excellent combo and I'm sorry I didn't get to taste it as an ale.
I was very excited by the aroma, even gave Mrs T the second sip and she liked it too - which is a rarity
Reminds me a bit of 599 - Mot lager with W2112, but this has more depth to the hop flavour

I was going to brew the B-Sharp as batch 700 but held off to taste the P-Sharp, wish I hadn't now
B-Sharp for 701 in a fortnight !

Cheers chap !
Thanks for the feed back jt. Glad you liked the hops and I happy that I could provide you with some inspiration after all the inspiration and advice you've given me on this forum. Cheers!

If anyone is wondering, P-Sharp is the original name of my Case Swap beer that became PILSNZER. It's a pilsener'fied & tweaked version of an ale I brewed that I called B-Sharp.

Friend just back from the US of A brought me a present. What a legend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service