Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A few beers with me old China the Grandmaster and some other old mates last night.

@Malthouse
Invercargill Stanley Green - very sessionable, great to see this on tap.
Nerdherder (several pints, people kept buying it for me which is odd)
Three Boys IPA - tasted like it might be a little young.

@Great India (where we met up with 'Beer Drinker of the Year' Johnny and his sidekick Steph)
Grolsch - old as the hills and tasted like a honey lager

@ Hashigo Zake
Renaissance MPA - delicious, this beer has been a bit of a revelation on tap. It's ok in the bottle but really drinkable on tap.
Baird Brewing Celebration Ale - pretty solid IPA but like so many other IPAs I'd love to see more kettle hops.

A sip of David Wood's (Americanish) Stout. It was straight out of the fermenter but it was probably the beer of the night! Well done David and Steve Driessen. Look forward to see what comes of it after dry hopping.

Town was fair humming. What a beautiful day here in Wellington... makes me want to go for a long liquid lunch...
Cheers for the compliment!
I haven't tried our creation yet.. the downside of brewing in the city you don't live in. I trust Dave will look after it haha.
Had some Emerson's Brewers Reserve Maris Gold last night. Tasting good, mild and refreshing.
I need to try this Nerdherder... They still have B on tap at Tonic so I might have to look for some spare cash. I get a SOBA discount now, too! Yes!
It's been on handpump at Al Bar too.
Rumour has it that there is going to be a keg of NZ-brewed Dortmunder on at Hashigo Zake soon... from The NZ Natural Brewing Co. If this happens, I recommend people get down there and try it. This beer was probably my hidden treasure of the year.
Ah!!! I had this last night at Poms and its excellent.
I was wondering who brewed it, as the info sheet by the tap said NZNBC. When i got home (after three pints) i tried to ratebeer it and find out more about it, but googled NZHBC - dangers of drinking i guess means reading N's a H's.

Anyway - will be gettting a rigger of it tonight to drink whilst playing Kubb which is an awesome game
It's Ben Middlemiss, famous for, amongst a great many things, brewing 3 of the 5 NZ beers in the late great Mr. Jackson's 500 best beers of the world - aka The Bible! He's brewing on Waiheke Island now as the NZNBC.
I'd second that from on top of my high horse. We just polished off a keg of it in 2 days at the RCC. *Almost* a new record. It joined Yeasties original PKB, Golden Boy, and Kid Choc, Epic Armageddon, and Emerson's Bookbinder in that select list. We had Ben in to talk about it too - that man is a living legend.
imagine how fast you would have got through it if you'd not stopped to listen to Ben talking!
You wouldn't want your record broken though, surely? Maybe we'll have a crack at "in one night" when we do "Meet the Yeasties". ;) IF I'm speaking to you again by then, of course. :P
Meet the Yeasties... sounds like a horror movie. You could play an extra (on a riding libertarian high-horse).
Just so long as it's not a pantomime horse...
ha ha... nice piece of post-postmodern commenting there

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service