Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

This is a reminder that the deadline for Wyeast orders is tomorrow - Friday 25th January.

Orders to Tony
e. tony@realbeer.co.nz
p. 09 272 3995
f. 09 272 2335

Need a catalog? http://www.homebrewer.co.nz/wyeast0801.doc

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Slightly off topic -

Does anyone here grow and freeze their yeast?

I'm after something like a vial to freeze it in, have no idea where to get one (checked a couple of NZ lab supply websites with no luck) or what the proper name for it is, any ideas?
Erlenmeyer flasks are commonly used for that sort of thing, though I don't believe they seal. You can get stoppers for them though.
Cheers, I've seen the conical flasks for making starters but looking for something small and airtight (and preferrably boilable to sterilise) to freeze the yeast in, I'm guessing they'd be about 15mL, I'll have to re-read the thread on HBT.
I have a few small glass bottles (I think they are called bijou s) some have metal lids other plastic, all about that size. I got them from a lab supply place but they have been used before. I don't know what for though. There are quite a few here so am more than willing to part with some if your interested. The ones I have used I put through the autoclave at work - no probs there. I would assume that freezing would not be a problem either.
Cheers mate, might hit you up about it later if I don't have any luck.

The reason I said about boiling is that I heard on HBT that some have seals that bugger up when boiled. I'll do a search under the name you suggester. Thanks again :-)
A pic of what I have. There is also plenty of glass labware on ebay

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service