Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Folks, new to the scene, I will be visiting Auckland for a while over the next few months. Can anyone tell me what the cider is like over there and also are there any options other than fizzy football beer? Where are the best places that serve a wide range of beers/ciders? Thanks guys

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The best place to go without a doubt is Galbraiths on Mount Eden Rd
best pub in NZ, great cask conditioned ales available
Not to sure about cider though....
They have bottled Westons. That's about it.
You would be hard pressed (no pun intended) to find any cider in Auckland any where near the same quality as the Cider in Somerset. Cock and Bull serves a dry cider and a sweetish one - however you can get the same brand in any supermarket. The beer scene is pretty good with Hallertau, Galbraiths, Cock and Bull, Shakespares Tavern and a few pubs like Speights Ale House, Macs Brew Bar and Monteiths bars aswell: where the beer is great in the former 4 and good in the latter 3. There are a few more bars that have more NZ micro on tap also.
The new Sale St bar looks like it's got a decent range, but can't vouch for it for sure since it wasn't open yet when I showed up at 11am on Saturday! Can definitely recommend Galbraiths, from memory they've got a few different bottled ciders in there from all over as well as a fantastic range of craft beers.
There is also Nelly's Cider, an excellent NZ cider. We do have great apples when in season. You can get it by the bottle around the traps. Not sure about on tap except some times at Bar Edward...wrong city!!
Nally's I think, as in Steve. ;) I might be wrong, but I think I've seen this in bottles at Galbraiths too.
Oops. Yep. Thanks for that!!
Thanks Everyone. Appreciate your help. Might see you all in Galbraiths!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service