Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Just a brief note to let everyone know that Renaissance's 'Elemental' Porter and 'Stonecutter' Scotch Ale are well and truly on top of their game at the moment.

My brother popped around on Friday night with a bottle of each and I enjoyed them so much that I went out on Saturday and purchased some more (I'll check the batch numbers when I get home, to confirm what model I'm drinking - it's very rare for me to drink the same beer twice in a weekend, unless it's my own!). Both beers were much fuller and fresher than I'd ever tasted them before and the Porter, especially, had a much better balance of malt sweetness to carry all of the hops and roast malt.

I've always enjoyed the two Renaissance darker beers but had come across some pretty major issues with the two pale ales (fermentation issues, and possibly packaging ones too) and had voiced them on the old RealBeer forum. The last couple of times I've tried the 'Discovery' APA and the 'Perfection' Pale Ale they appear to have been significantly improved. So, on Saturday night, I also picked up a bottle of Perfection Pale Ale and am pleased to report that this too was absolutely delicious. It was as good as I'd tasted it and one of the better hoppy pale ales I've had recently.

Go Renaissance. I like the gutsy styles these guys are brewing, I'm glad they've managed to stick around this long, and I'm really glad to see their brews hitting their straps. Long may it continue.

Slainte mhath
Stu

ps. Rumour is that they are also launching a NZ-style 'Pilsner' soon too. Keep an eye out for it. I guess it may only be on tap at first but we might see it in bottles too.

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not when i was there on Friday

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service