Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Suite Bar is a small bar in the Auckland CDB. Cnr Hobson & Wolfe Sts

These guys kick ass in every department, see awards below, but aren't really know for their beer. They have a pretty good selection of craft beers, (Epic Emerson's, Founders, Gissy Gold, Mata, Waiheke, Moa) and some imports (Duvel, Chimay, Rodenbach) (these are just some of what I can remember off the top of my head)

2008 Lewisham Awards - Outstanding Bar
2008 NZ Bar Awards - Bar Team of the Year
2008 NZ Bar Awards - Drinks Selection of the Year
2008 NZ Bar Awards - Operator of the Year
2008 NZ Sustainable Business Awards - Judges Commendation

They are wanting to get the customers involved in improving the selection, through a regular Beer Club tasting night. ( they are also currently running a Rum Club, not on the same night) You will taste through six or so beers with a theme, this first one being craft beers.

At the end of the tasting next Tuesday everyone will be asked to make their suggestions for stocking two new beers in the Suite Bar fridge. It will mean that two beers will also have to unfortunately be dropped.

This process of consumer feedback will ultimately lead to Suite having a "sweet" selection of beer in the fridge.

If you want to influence the range of beers on offer and have a but of fun on a school night this Beer Club gathering is

5.30pm, Tuesday 23rd September
Suite Bar, Cnr Hobson & Wolfe Sts
$20 for tastings of 6+ beers plus food will be provided

Found the beer list - http://suitebar.co.nz/beerlist.htm

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's pretty upmarket Tui @ $12 a bot, just as well it's a biggie :-)
$144 a crate!

When I worked in the trade (bar manager) I used to tell them the difference between bottleshop price and bar price was the atmosphere, and it sounds like Suite has the atmosphere.
Exactly. Beer is not priced like petrol - you are paying for the experience, not just the millilitre. Same in a bottle store - I'm happy to pay a few cends more for an Emerson's at Regionals, if it means I have the option of coosing a Petrus Dubbel Bruin while I am in there (like I dd tonight).

That's why I don't get the CAMRA-nazi argument for full pints. You get what you pays fa'! You may as well set up a state run system - oh, that's right, they are doing that in Invercargill already.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service