Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Don't you just love the media. During the judging at BrewNZ the panel was filmed and interviewed by C4TV. After the inevitable questions like "Do you swallow?" and "How many beers do you drink each day?" chief judge Dave Logsdon was asked, "Are you a drunk?" What a provocative and insulting question! I wonder if an international wine judge would be asked the same question?

And here's yet more reinforcement of the stereotype from the good people at the Sydney Morning Herald. In a report about the health benefits of alcohol to "lazy smokers", guess how they choose to illustrate the story?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4696388a19716.html

In case you can't be bothered to read the report, it begins; "Drinking can be good for your heart. But you have to be a lazy smoker with an aversion to fruit and vegetables to reap the full benefits."

By implication they are, of course, referring to beer drinkers. When will they ever learn?

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To answer that question: "When we educate them". ;)
"I wonder if an international wine judge would be asked the same question?"

From C4, yes.

Let's face it, C4 isn't the most serious broadcast we receive. Although I agree that the questions are extremely daft it should be expected from that channel. It also sucks because the I'd assume the main audience is something like 16 - 26, the people that probably needed to be educated most on beer and alcohol in a sensible matter.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service