Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

So is this going to happen?

Can't see how it is going to work to get anything other than Speight's?

Views: 220

Replies to This Discussion

Make that 3 weeks now. Dead as a dead dodo.
and another week?
So the major breweries have shied away from this! Now there's a twist I hadn't considered.

Well, that opens up some worthy alternatives, don't you think?

If any Auckland based brewers, want to throw their hat in the ring, I will step up to the plate, and offer my help?

Luke, Steve, Shane, anyone?

I haven't actually seen what these guys propose, as far as business plan or marketing, etc. As I stated in an earlier post, it's all a bit light in detail and not very well thought out (in my opinion). But if a quality, microbrewery, got hold of it, it could be made into something meaningfull.
My guess - totally a guess, I have no inside word - is that these guys have approached breweries saying "we have the customers, you make the beer at your cost and we will take a small cut for laying down the groundwork".

Maybe they've been watching too much reality TV? What's the one called where people pitch their ideas to business people.

I still hope they pull it off, just to see what comes out of the democratically designed bottle.
Aren't they from Wellington, Stu?

Are their customers outlets or what?
I've been out in the paddock all day planting apple trees and this crazy thing has been driving me mad! What on earth are they thinking? We're living in a country blessed with more breweries per capita than anywhere else on the planet, with access to a worthy range of excellant craft beers and an ocean of non descript quaffers to quench our thirsts. What more do they want? Shouldn't they be celebrating the difference rather than trying to produce the average? In this day and age when choice is holy, how on earth do they expect the masses to commit themselves to one beer (ok - I know, most people already have. But why encourage it?) Try to imagine designing the 'our car' if you will. Sounds a bit communist to me. I can only think that these folk are hoping for a 'craft' beer at crap beer prices.
Andrew nails it "these folk are hoping for a 'craft' beer at crap beer prices"
why can't we have craft beer at crap beer prices? Sounds like utopia to me... (except the value of the craft would be eroded)
Why can't we have beemers at Corolla prices?
touche.
As discussed in my post below, we totally agree that in NZ we're living in a blessed country that delivers some awesome beers. We're all about celebrating & embracing this difference, but we want to introduce a new lot of consumers to this so we can educate them (and ourselves) in launching a formidable new beer that people love.
You got it in one Stu - there's a lot of similarity to Dragons Den, expect we reckon we'll add real value to a brewery through potentially introducing a a whole new market to them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service