Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I've heard / read several people comment that Pale Chocolate is smoother than regular Chocolate.

How do you use Pale chocolate in comparison to regular choc ?
Do you use twice the amount because it's paler or do you just use the same amount and get a smoother or subdued flavour ?

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't buy pale chocolate locally... so no, I don't use it. :)
I've used it for a couple of years and use it to impart colour and a mild coffee/chocolate character without the roastiness, sharpness and acidity that the full chocolate malt gives. Especially useful in beers that also contain some black malt or roast barley (chocolate malt is getting up pretty close to both of these in the colour and roastiness spectrums).
Brewers coop, in Mt. Wellington, Auckland has both. I am looking at using some in an upcoming stout ( as you know JT). I am sure he will ship if you ask, if not I am happy to do that for you, should you need some?
Thanks Tony, considering getting some with my next purchase. Just not sure whether to buy as well as regular chocolate or in place of it.

I like 2% regular chocolate in a beer but over that I start to go off it - too roasty and sharp as Stu comments

Thought I might be able to use a bit more in the way of pale choc to add more colour & character without the undesirable flavours described

cheers chaps, jt

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service