Brewjolais Day

Time: April 1, 2010 from 6pm to 8pm
Location: Mac's Brewbars in Auckland, Wellington, Nelson & Christhcurch
Event Type: celebration
Organized By: Martin Bridges
Latest Activity: Dec 1, 2015

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

SOBA is excited about the April 1st release of Mac’s Brewjolais seasonal beer, and is looking to celebrate the event in style and en masse.

Brewjolais is brewed to celebrate the hop harvest, and uses freshly picked “wet” (undried) hops from Nelson late in the brewing process. It’s a rare type of beer, and one that SOBA believes deserves recognition.

SOBA plans to show its appreciation for Brewjolais by organising a synchronised toast to Lion Nathan and the beer at all of the locations it will be served. SOBA members will descend upon the six Mac’s Brewbars around the country and raise a glass of the deliciously hoppy beverage to the brewers who make it, and the company which gives them the freedom to push the boundaries of beer a little.

The locations are:
Northern Steamship Co. - Quay Street, Auckland
Nuffield Street Trading Co. - Newmarket, Auckland
Neighbourhood - Kingsland, Auckland
Shed 22 - Taranaki Street Wharf, Wellington
The Vic - Trafalgar Street, Nelson
Poplar Lane - cnr Ash & Poplar Street, Christchurch

Comment Wall

Comment by Martin Bridges on March 29, 2010 at 10:55am
Brewjolais Day is almost upon us. This Thursday (1st April) at 6pm SOBA members will gather in the 6 Mac's Brewbars around the country to raise a toast to Brewjolais and the brewers that made it.

By my calculations I know of 33 confirmed attendees across the country, which is a little disappointing. I hope there will be more people actually going to attend, but I've only heard from 33. As expected we have plenty of people planning to attend at Shed 22 in Wellington, but some of the other bars are a bit under-represented: Nelson, Christchurch and Newmarket are looking a bit thin. I'm really keen to hear from people who can get to these bars.

So please round up other SOBA members and remind them that they'll get a free beer if they show their membership card. Feel free to invite along colleagues, friends and family (although they won't get a free beer). It's going to be a great night, and it'll be even better if we get lots of people there.
Comment by Martin Bridges on March 31, 2010 at 10:43am
Last reminder - tomorrow is BREWJOLAIS DAY! Get yourselves down to one of the Brewbars for 6pm and raise a toast along with the rest of us.

I'll be doing the toast at Newmarket but will no doubt find my way to the Northern Steamship on my way home!

Comment

RSVP for Brewjolais Day to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

Attending (17)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service