Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Are people getting relatively consistent mash temps using this thing? My first brew was a nightmare and probably destined for the drain - aiming for a mash at 66 my temps regularly went from 61-74 and I have no idea why. All I can think of was that it was an issue with recirculation but I followed the recommended calculations and instructions. I wonder if their mash water calcs could be a bit low perhaps

Views: 394

Replies to This Discussion

I never have a problem. Did you remember to switch over to mash? If you leave it on boil it can go over.

Thanks dene

Was on mash all but when initially heating the strike water as I was trying to speed things up. Waited until temp settled and dumped grain. Accounted for temp drop from grain as well. Seems to struggle to hold temps for long in my case.

Wonder if it's the way the cut off and switch on parameters have been set up on the unit. Should be a way to access those settings somehow if it is anything like other units

Theyvare

Mine holds very close to the set temperature, maybe 1/2 deg either way. I left the switch on the 2Kw setting once and it went over a few degrees then. It should be on the 500W setting. If you're having problems then contact iMake.

Thanks for the response mate. Good to know that when operating properly it holds temps I was starting to worry about my investment!

The mash was incredibly thick based on their calculations and the recirculation wasnt particularly constant. I wondered if maybe the mash was too thick and the lack of constant recirculation was what was hindering the temp consistency. Also ended up getting something rediculous like 98 percent efficiency out of it so might have to make some adjustments to beersmith for future recipe design. I was guessing something more like 75%

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service