Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Does anyone know where I can get good quality hose clips? No matter how hard I tighten it up it always springs a leak on brew day.

Views: 1242

Replies to This Discussion

I just grabbed a couple from Mitre 10 that seem to be working fine. 

Good to know, any particular brand?

Blackwood Paykells have some good ones. If you can get ones without the slots in they are better as they don't "bite" the tube.

Cool, I will try there first. It is the 2nd time it has leaked and I want to replace the offending hose clip with one that can withstand both good pressure and a high flow rate. 

Try your local ENZED hose outlet www.enzed.co.nz/ that's where I got mine.

I had my third leak today so will be replacing the lot

I found that if I have my water pressure above a slow trickle they leak.
I got some double ear clamp (same as used on kegs)

The worst thing about the whole situation is I was at the end of the brew just starting to cool the wort when the water starts shooting out the bottom all over the kitchen floor.

Basic engineering didn't seem to be applied to alot of things. Hopefully the next iteration fixes the issues and abandons the massive filter and counterflow chiller

By the way Estee is sending me replacement clips, I will tell you if they are any better than the originals.

Estee is sending me a replacement chiller in 3 weeks when the next load of grainfathers come in. Apparently been re-engineered

I'll be interested to find out what they've changed. 

When you get your new wort chiller you will need to let me know what they have fundamentally changed to sort out the problem.

Just received this response from the good people at the Grainfather

Thank you to all of you who provided us with feedback on the Grainfather. Your responses, ideas and feedback were so much appreciated and have been passed on to our new product development team who are busy working on improvements. 

Replacement Parts
We realise that some of the smaller pieces such as hose clamps have given problems and have not stood up to our quality standards for the Grainfather. We have also had negative feedback on the threaded connections and have had some new thoughts on the pump filter. We are looking at replacements and improvements for these raised issues and will provide all our Early Adopters with any replacement parts possible, free of charge, as soon as they are available. 

We will send you:

• Set of new and improved hose clamps 
  • Set of replacement O rings 
  • Non slip rubber feet for your counter flow wort chiller 
  • New and improved filter pump cover

You can't complain about that at the end of the day. 1st Class support to their customer base. :)

I have to appreciate their commitment to the product and it's success.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service