Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Its well into 2013 and I can't believe its been so long since the last one.

A great chance to get some feedback on that experimental brew you're wanting to perfect for this year's NHC - or just wallow in the delight of a mixed case from other brewers keen to share the love...

Has anyone else got the hankering to get another CS off the ground?

How's the first weekend in May sound as a swap date?

Views: 1603

Replies to This Discussion

May 25th sounds good to me.

Thanks Dan, looks like end of May is the go - well no-one's objected anyway.

Brewing my entry this weekend. In the end its come down to a choice between a Robust Porter and an ESB - or maybe both given its a long weekend.

25 May sounds good to me too. Got to make a decission on what to put forward, I have a brown porter in the keg at the moment or maybe brew up a pale ale.

Cool - thanks matt.  The challenge'll be to keep a beer thats already in the keg long enough to share out in late May.

Haha, yeah and with only 15 litres it will be a tough one! I might need to bottle early and keep them somehwere out of sight!

25th May works for me. I ended up going with a smoked robust porter (in keeping with the climate these last few days...), brewing went well, and it's bubbling away nicely. 

Good to hear - I reckon there'll be a few porters on the swap list.  Mine's crash chilling as we speak. Looking forward to it.

Hey Tilt. I've had a bit of a brewmare and the batch that I've produced for this CS has come out absolutely mud. You'd better count me out as I can't submit something I'm not happy with and expect to get anything better in return. Sorry about that. Rob

Hey Rob,  thats a buggar mate.  I hope its not a drainpour as it always bring a tear to the eye to see your hard work and $ disappear down the gurgler. 

Don't let it throw you too much though, the question is what have you learnt from the experience. Keep in mind there's still plenty of time to do another one before the end of May swap date.  In fact it has been known for beers to be swapped with a "leave for two weeks to carbonate" note on them. 

Hopefully you'll have a chance to get another one done in the next 6-7 weeks.

Hey Tilt,

Do you have an update on the current numbers for the swap? Bottled up some beer the other night and I think all those small sneaky samples have added up! Should still have enough though.

Cheers!

Good idea Matt.  Update time.  Last count I got 10 - with Rob dropping out but Luke Davey taking his place.

My entries are conditioning - hoping they ll be in good nick in a months time.

List as of today:

Damian Peterson - Auckland

mattd2 - Papamoa

Simon David Kelly (tentative?) - Wellington

Dan - Whangarei

Adam Barnes - Wellington

Tilt - Auckland

Matt Smith - Auckland

Dash 6 - Auckland

Paul M - Whangarei

Luke Davey - Whangarei

I'm still in - mine's cold crashing now, ready to keg tomorrow :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service