Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Views: 100

Comment by jt on March 22, 2010 at 7:28pm
How'd the first brew go Jason ?
Looks like the standard still base - I use one too - what element do you have in there ?
cheers, jt
Comment by Jason Riley on March 22, 2010 at 7:34pm
Good accept I used hop pellets which was a bit of a hassle. The element is a 2.2kW still that is also really well used. The only problem with it was the fact its designed to boil 25 L not 10 L so I'll need to work out a simmer switch for it
Comment by James P on March 23, 2010 at 7:11pm
Hop pellets are okay if you use a bag, or are happy with increased trub. I'm guessing you did a lot of turn on, turn off to keep the "just rolling" boil? PS welcome to the forum, another Cantabarian!
Comment by Jason Riley on March 23, 2010 at 8:07pm
I didn't think of a bag.
Any other handy hints
Comment by jt on March 23, 2010 at 8:09pm
another Cantabarian

Don't tell me, one wears black, the other red and you've only got two eyes between you ... insert smilie winkie thing

I'll need to work out a simmer switch for it

Just boil more, 2.2 still boils the heck out of 23 litres, probably more. I put a freebie 1.5kw in and I use that with the lid half on once I'm upto the boil
Comment by James P on March 23, 2010 at 8:24pm
Handy hint #2 - Make bigger batches! :)

jt you're just jealous of our cool colours.... anyone wanna look like a bumble bee?
Comment by Jason Riley on March 23, 2010 at 8:26pm
I liberated some copper tubing from work to use as a heat transfer. To cool after my boil I've been brewing from a can and spirits for years but this was a lot more satisfing. And i haven't tasted it yet

Comment

You need to be a member of RealBeer.co.nz to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service