Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I reckon this should turn a few of you fellas on. I'm going to brew American Landlord with these as a side by side experiment. What hops should I use though??? Amarillo.... Citra...... Could even spalsh out and do a NZ Landlord with Riwaka or Sauvin? There is some American Landlord in Christchurch and Hamilton with Bairds Golden Promise. Wellington will have some soonish. This edition features Citra, so will be a good point of comparison.

Views: 123

Comment by jt on March 18, 2011 at 8:37am

American landlord ?

That's got me thinking - North Welly Tennant - available only in a semi-free house (bank has a share of the realestate but I own the lines & taps)

That yeast may live a little longer .. thanks for the idea chap !

Comment by Stu McKinlay on March 18, 2011 at 9:18am

ha! that's the idea we've been thinking for later this year, in our continuing experimentation with summer ales.

we have done motueka v riwaka, kolsch v belgian ale, so malt v malt is the obvious next step...

Comment by jt on March 18, 2011 at 9:25am
That just leaves side by side water ... next year maybe ?
Comment by JoKing on March 18, 2011 at 9:27am
Yeah - it's kinda following in your footsteps... I accept this. But you have to admit - it's interactive drinking, and it's really meaningful for enthusiasts. The next experiment after this is going to be Bairds vs Fawcett.
Comment by Stu McKinlay on March 18, 2011 at 11:50am

I didn't mean that as a "we did it first" because other people did it before us.  and I've been doing stuff like that at home for years.  It's awesome Jo... it's the spirit of "craft" brew, it's what makes us different from people who make beer as a means to an end.

JT - you got it man.  Pilsen-style Summer Ale v Burton-style Pale Ale...  I've also been trying to develop a beer that really showcases water, malt, hops and yeast.  It's a fun experiment and is proving more difficult than I could have imagined.  Drinking some nice beer on the way though.

Comment by Stu McKinlay on March 18, 2011 at 11:51am

and I've been doing stuff like that at home for years...

should have been

and we've been doing stuff like that at home for years...

Comment by JoKing on March 18, 2011 at 12:11pm

Well said Stu: "it's the spirit of "craft" brew, it's what makes us different from people who make beer as a means to an end."

Having said that... What is going to be your hop preference? I'm starting to get some good ideas.

Comment

You need to be a member of RealBeer.co.nz to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service