Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Views: 71

Comment by denimglen on December 8, 2007 at 2:47pm
Very nice, may I ask where you got your rhizomes from?
Comment by nzbrewer on December 8, 2007 at 2:58pm
No
Comment by denimglen on December 8, 2007 at 4:12pm
Thanks for the EXTREMELY polite answer.
Comment by nzbrewer on December 9, 2007 at 7:56pm
haha, just kidding. I got them from Hort Research through a friend.
Comment by denimglen on December 10, 2007 at 5:20pm
Haha sorry for snapping, I didn't think you would have been the kind of Owner/Brewer to shoot down a potential customer.

Thanks, I've heard you need to be an invester or something with HortResearch to get rhizomes from them, which doesn't surprise me.

These little buggers are hard to find!
Comment by nzbrewer on December 11, 2007 at 8:04am
there are a number of places in the wild were people have sourced them from. Huapia - north of Auckland. There is a place on the way to the West Coast, I think Greymouth, and some where around Taupo in a valley. I don't have the locations, but if I did I would put them on a Google map as I get asked all the time. As for getting them commercially I know of two places Waimea Nurseries in Nelson, and a nursery in Tauranga which I can't remember the name. Also I have been meaning for years to take some cuttings off my plants and letting people have some by I haven't got around to it. Maybe this year around Christmas when I get some time, I could try getting some cuttings going. If anyone does have some info please share it and I'll create a map.
Comment by denimglen on December 11, 2007 at 5:02pm
That's awesome, thanks very much for the info.

Getting a little late in the season now to do anything but I'll have a shot and see what I can find anyway.

Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Comment

You need to be a member of RealBeer.co.nz to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service