Clone Brews

Group to facilitate the brewing and creation of recipes to brew clones of commercially available beers.

Please start each clone recipe as a new discussion in the discussion forum so we can find recipes when searching

• London Pride Clone.

I've brewed this recipe a couple of times and it has turned out pretty good.Fuller’s London Pride clone(5 gallons/19 L, all-grain)OG = 1.048 FG = 1.012IBU = 33  SRM = 14ABV = 4.7%This recipe is for the bottled version of London Pride. In the UK, London Pride is brewed to 4.1% ABV for cask and keg.…

By Scott H

• Sawmill Pilsner

Sawmill Pilsner - Has anyone tried to clone the pilsner?Biscuity pilsner malt and distinctive Motueka and Riwaka hops bringing aromas of lemon and lime. Nelson Sauvin for a tart gooseberry hit. Straw coloured appearance, brilliantly clear, with a long lasting white head. Crisp and bitter. Medium…

By Peter Smith

• Panhead Port Road Pils

Bit late to the party, I've only just around to trying this beer but I really enjoyed the six-pack I grabbed last weekend! To me it was the perfect hopped-up pilsner with just enough hop flavour without pushing it towards mini-IPA territory. I'd be pretty happy if I could brew something similar for…

By David R

• Weezledog Brewing Publishes Beer Recipes

Big thanks to Mark Jackman, the legend behind http://www.weezledogbrewing.co.nz/  for publishing his recipes on his website.  Take a look and start reading about steep / whirl pooling.Lets repay this man by buying a few of his beers next time you are…

By Peter Smith

• Garage Project's Pernicious Weed Clone

Hey Guys, Looking for a bit of feedback. GP's Pernicious Weed is one hell of an IIPA.I haven't yet brewed this yet, and may not for a while as GP say they are using 100% whole cones and frankly, my current system just cant handle that at the moment... thats a lot of hop matter....I could always try…

By Buster Bunting

• Black Sheep Riggwelter

I brewed this awhile back, and I've been meaning to put some notes up for it.this is a great beer, I drank plenty of this during my travels, and living in yorkshire for a few years, there was plenty of opportunity...the official CYBI is here: …

By Crusader-Rob

• Emersons Bookbinder clone

There is a very good thread over here that has a full discussion on creating a Bookbinder like beer.http://www.forum.realbeer.co.nz/group/nzcaseswap/forum/topics/cs9-spellbinder

By Ralph

• Behemoth Chur - NZ Pale Ale

The hopping??    I think this is fairly close

By Peter Smith

• Garage Project - Angry Peaches Clone

The key to this beer is a massive whirlpool that delivers super peaches flavour,  The whirlpool must not start until you chill to 75C.. For a 20L batch for me into fermenter, I used us-05 but next batch I am going to try 090 or more likely 1272 which I think would be a better fit then us05.Dry hop…

By Peter Smith

• Hallertau Maximus IPA clone recipe

Maximus IPAA ProMash Brewing Session - Recipe Details ReportRecipe Specifics----------------Batch Size (L): 22.00 Wort Size (L): 22.00Total Grain (kg): 5.15Anticipated OG: 1.064 Plato: 15.62Anticipated EBC: 11.4Anticipated IBU: 149.8Brewhouse Efficiency: 89 %Wort Boil Time: 90…

By Peter Smith