Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi
I'm trying to find a traditional British hand pull beer pump engine to use for some of my beer.
There are plenty in UK for sub 50Pounds, but ideally, I would like to get it in NZ rather than import it.
Does anyone know if the is a reseller/second hand out there?
Cheers
Martin

Views: 2130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm going back to the UK early next year so I have my parents searching ebay for them between now and then! The import costs are the killer getting them cheap here.

I did manage to make an 8 wired version using a sports bottle, a length of  hose (enough to get to the bottom of the glass) and a sparkler. it worked a treat, just the part which attached the hose to the sports bottle failed. I've been meaning to fix it but just not had the time.

Liam is right, bringing them in is a nightmare, i have brought in 4 and a few fonts. Buying off eBay in the uk is a mine field. Most are sold because they are damaged or need refurbish.
You could potentially save money on eBay but if you need parts from Angram good luck, it takes ages and they charge a fortune shipping. A pump weighs in around 8 kg and Angram ones have a weak Wooden plinth, they crack along the rear corners if they are not packaged well for shipping........i know because I've had to replace a shattered plinth on one shipped from the UK.
My current 2 are 12 month old CQ's with some cheeky cherub ceramic handles i picked up on a visit to beer engines in Keighley Yorkshire.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service