Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Greetings Homebrewers 

The next style for WBC competitors is "English Best Bitter" Category 8B in BJCP guidelines.

http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style08.php#1b (edited for current style guide - Thanks Raffe)

As per usual, let me know if you plan to enter. I need volunteers for judging again, so if you do not plan to enter, please consider participating.

Our rules are simple, bring 2 bottles of each entry (one to share with the other entrants, one for judging) and 10$ per entry. Winner (total points from 3 judges) takes the cash, 3rd place chooses the next style. We meet at Hallertau in Riverhead at 3PM but watch this space for any updates to either time or date.

Good luck!

Views: 994

Replies to This Discussion

I'm out unfortunately - work commitments and other stuff are getting in the way, much to my disappointment.  Sorry, but I'll have to withdraw my offer of help.  All the best to this round's competitors.

I'm in.  Possibly two entries as well, depending on how the second attempt at an oat-malt beer turns out.

Ill have an entry ready.... Looking forward to it!

My beer is ready but it's not up to much. Still, I'll be entering - I can always use the feedback. Not sure if I'll stick around though - I'm toying with going to Eden Park for the England v Blackcaps ODI.

So, you all find out Graeme "Hard Bastard" Mahy is judging, and bugger off rather than suffer the low scores? Pussies! ;)

He's a harder judge than Alex is! Fair, but hard.

I'll be there - no backing down for me. With so few entries, I might even place this time :D

Hi Barb

I'm finally joining in:  I should have three, maybe even four, entries which is hopefully a good start.

Cheers

Tom

I'm in. So's me bruv.

See you there.

I'm in too.

OK guys and girls, Barb's hooked me up with the forms, and your judges will come in one of two configurations:

If Steve turns up (we live in hope...):

Steve Plowman, Graeme Mahy, Yours Truly with Alexandra McGill stewarding

if Steve does NOT turn up (odds anyone? ;) ):

Graeme Mahy, Alexandra McGill, Yours Truly with a volunteer stewarding

SO. I need a volunteer for a backup steward. Ideally someone who isn't entering, but in general I trust you all not to doctor any other entries! ;) Stewarding involves turning up by 2:30, collecting entry fees, collecting bottles and labelling them with a unique ID, putting a matching ID on three judging forms, pouring and presenting to the judges. Not a hard job. :)

Please yell out below if you can do it.

Cheers,

Greig.

I have an entry and might be bringing a friend with one too.
I can help out if needed.
Cheers Rhys

Thanks Rhys, we may have Graeme's partner Di with us who may steward also, but will certainly take up your offer if she's not coming.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service