Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thanks again to Hallertau for hosting this fine and prestigious event.

Hey boys and girls, sorry for this late write up (prompted my Greig) but have had a lot on my plate the last few months

First off a congrats to the first prize winners of the last comp John Golics and Matt. I managed to scrape in third so got to choose the style. Which is as the title states imperial red. Which as it turns out isn't an authentic style. Which is actually a good thing. So in saying that there will be a fair bit of ingenuity needed on this one. I can however give you some guidelines to go by.

Vital Statistics: OG: 1.060 – 1.075
IBUs: 50 – 90 FG: 1.008 – 1.012
SRM: 10 – 17 ABV: 6 – 9%

So everyone better get brewing :-)

Views: 193

Replies to This Discussion

I'd been so down on that Impy Red, but just today I tried a bottle (bottled off the same keg as the sample I sent along with you Barb) and was really pleased with it. I'm no longer upset that I still have 2/3rds of a keg of it left to drink! ;)

My only question is: WHY didn't you drink my winnings? I thought that was what I suggested you all do if I won? TBH, I never thought I would, so not sure what that's about! Who judged?

We'll spend that money next weekend. My round for any SOBA peeps turning up to Hallertau to drink the Belgian Pale Ale. I know the original from Dale was incredible, so look forward to seeing what Steve has brought to the table.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service