Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

All the talk of case swap beers always gets me going again... lets do an NZ case swap for the last weekend of June  Expressions of interest please to get an idea of numbers.. Hopefully a full swap given the new number of case swap members recently!!

The process goes something like this:

1. Brew a beer you're proud of and want other brewers to try and give feedback on.
  2. Post your recipe as a separate thread in the NZ case swap group - feedback from others'll be posted under your own recipe thread.
  3. Bottle it up in 750s - plastic bottles are best as they have to be shipped around the country using "smash and stomp" courier service.  Plastic being lighter also keeps the costs down a bit too. 
  4. How many you send in will depend on the interest we get ----> total number to contribute = number of brewers in the swap minus 1
  5. Get your beers to a central point under your own steam.
  6. The organisers then make up a bundle of mixed cases and send them out. 
  7. Receive your case, chill, drink and enjoy while giving feedback on the beer to the brewer via their CS recipe thread.

I'm happy to be the Auckland depot again this time around. 

If we get a few interested from Wgtn/ ChCh or elsewhere it might be good to have local "hubs" and organisers there too.  Shipping with NZ post to Auckland (assuming this is the only depot as it was last time, that we've got 13 brewers and everyone is using PET bottles not glass) is about $20 from the North Island and $35 from the South.  

Redistribution costs split over the lot of us came to about $10 each. 

So to summarise costs, if Auckland is the central point, are:

$10 for Auckland brewers who drop off and pick up in person

$30 for other North Island brewers

$45 for South Island brewers

How does that all sound? 

All that said last time there where only AKL people and it was free... lets see what happens.

I promise not to send in something I have not actually tasted this time  8)

Views: 515

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry Peter, i will have to skip this one as i have a few too many commitments. 

cheers

Yup, still in.

Am in. Recipe tba but will be hoppy

OK it looks like there are 8 or 9 of us will list initials below, if you are not listed below let us know quickly.  I live in Glendowie and work in the CBD , beers can be dropped and recovered at either location.  Just PM me to arrange times etc.   I intend to do the swap this weekend if I have all the beers, otherwise as soon as they are all in.

those in swap as per notes :-

Peter Smith

GD

Ian Niehorster

Crusader Rob

Duncan Emo

Michael H

Tilt

Richard Jack

Paul M - Are you in?

Was GD meant to be GS?
I'm in for the swap but unfortunately not on grant daltons pay scale

yeah it was sorry.....   yeah hard to know how he can afford a beer on friday on that salary...    its a rich mans dream,  we should find a rich man to support the syndicate.

I'M CURRENTLY AWAY, AND WONT BE ABLE TO PACK AND SEND UNTIL FRIDAY. 

Rob - pack them up and send Friday , we can wait as they will get to me Monday or Tuesday at worst.   Once I have them all and swapped people can pickup and I can post brews back etc...     I PM you address now

great, thanks.

yes but i am not sure that paul m is still in, send 8 I make a plan

I have been guilty of this in the past, imbibing a case swap beer without taking due care and diligence to accurately record notes,  remember the implied duty you owe to fellow case swap participants and lets see if we can get 100% feedback. 

I should have all the beers by thursday and will attempt to turn things around so that the postal beers go back out in Sat am post.

I have all the beers,  we ended up one brew short so I ended up with 1 extra beer from everyone,  I have a stout that I will enter as a second brew, its a little different 3.5% abv and low carb I wanted to make it like a cask stout, it would be awesome off a handpump,  would be great to get some feedback on what people think of this so its the final beer.  Its in glass so will be bubble wrapped for the postal crowd.

I will be doing the swap early tomorrow morning so I can get the postal ones out, then have kids birthday party to organise,  beers will be avialable from my house from 5pm, feel free to call me and arrange pickups.  For those who dropped at cbd address I can bring your swap back to the office if thats easier for you.

I will total up postage and let people know how much is owed

I am really looking forward to the beers , recipes look great, will post mine in the weekend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service