Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

All the talk of case swap beers always gets me going again... lets do an NZ case swap for the last weekend of June  Expressions of interest please to get an idea of numbers.. Hopefully a full swap given the new number of case swap members recently!!

The process goes something like this:

1. Brew a beer you're proud of and want other brewers to try and give feedback on.
  2. Post your recipe as a separate thread in the NZ case swap group - feedback from others'll be posted under your own recipe thread.
  3. Bottle it up in 750s - plastic bottles are best as they have to be shipped around the country using "smash and stomp" courier service.  Plastic being lighter also keeps the costs down a bit too. 
  4. How many you send in will depend on the interest we get ----> total number to contribute = number of brewers in the swap minus 1
  5. Get your beers to a central point under your own steam.
  6. The organisers then make up a bundle of mixed cases and send them out. 
  7. Receive your case, chill, drink and enjoy while giving feedback on the beer to the brewer via their CS recipe thread.

I'm happy to be the Auckland depot again this time around. 

If we get a few interested from Wgtn/ ChCh or elsewhere it might be good to have local "hubs" and organisers there too.  Shipping with NZ post to Auckland (assuming this is the only depot as it was last time, that we've got 13 brewers and everyone is using PET bottles not glass) is about $20 from the North Island and $35 from the South.  

Redistribution costs split over the lot of us came to about $10 each. 

So to summarise costs, if Auckland is the central point, are:

$10 for Auckland brewers who drop off and pick up in person

$30 for other North Island brewers

$45 for South Island brewers

How does that all sound? 

All that said last time there where only AKL people and it was free... lets see what happens.

I promise not to send in something I have not actually tasted this time  8)

Views: 515

Replies to This Discussion

whens this again??

Last weekend of June,  If you beer is not fully carbed you can simply tell us to wait a few weeks before opening.   Plenty of time to get a brew in or decide to donate that Tuatara IPA to a good cause   8)

I have either a slightly changed deeble pale ale, and I am going to brew the us pale ale 4% session pale ale as well tonight and see how that shapes up, offering the better one for the swap.

What numbers? And being Chch based makes it slightly more difficult.
But still tentatively keen

I think about 10,  normally about 12 say they are in and about 6-10 happen,  I have been doing 14 pet bottles for the last few brews so I have some flexibility as to what goes into swap etc.

Cool - I'm bottling next week so will have a doz PET bottles for the end of June.

Can I have a quick roll call of who is going to be in for the end of june case swap please.   Its not a problem if you send me beers not fully carbonated as long as you post this one your recipe post.

Thank Peter

I'm in, it's either a case of ESB that's carbonating now or something else I'll whip up before the deadline. I'll post the recipe when I know.

I'm assuming I'll be the only one from chch if I stay in. If I am, should I send to you Peter? 

I should still be ok to send up my IPA.

yes and I will mix up the beers and send the mixed case back down to you.

Works for Me - Count me in.

Tuatara IPA Clone Comin' at  ya.

I'm in Peter. Looking forward to it.

Bottled last night so should be carbonated by end of june.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service