Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

At the batch next the beer fridge is my mums collection of old washing machines, everytime I poured a jug they made me think about using one to brew. Around 150 L, about the right width and depth, enamelled steel, water tight, with a drain hole. Insulate, put some sort of filter screen in the bottom. The pump in the machine might even be sparge friendly. Could big mash tun for massive home brews. Is this beer fueled genius or am I a spazz?

Views: 1592

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am having my first sample of my second batch brewed using this lauter tun, my mash tun is still a 50L keggle. My first batch was way over what I wanted gravity wise at 7.77%. For my second go I have bumped production up to 60L and aimed at making a more working un-hungover brew.I have a new temp controlled hot liquor vessel draining into a  rotating sparge arm for my German style sparge. The lauter barrel is lifted up with a $25 pulley, I have a stand ready to replace the precarious tyres.

Because of the crazy efficiency (95ish %) this batch is 6% not the 5% I wanted, not carbonated yet but its pretty good for its age, the malt comes through despite the huge dry hop. (citra ,amarillo and riwaka.)

I am a huge fan of this tun, the wort clears really quickly and I have shaved an hour or more off my brew time, and added another cornie to my haul.

Attachments:
More photos..
Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service