Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

It's time to get your brew on!

This one will be held at Tom's place (Dash 6) on February 22nd March 1st from 3pm.

36 Colonial Road in Birkenhead on the North Shore.

Usual format: <4% beer of any style, everyone judges and picks their favourite three, winner gets the cup. All welcome, you don't need an entry. Bring nibbles if you can be bothered.

Who's coming?

Views: 578

Replies to This Discussion

good call will brew today....   us pale ale.... simcoe and amarillo

I have a repeat of last times effort as well; a 3.4% NZ mini pale ale.  Hopefully an improvement on its predecessor.

My US pale ale ended up a US dark ale, I hit 1.040  and with 1272 I am hoping it stays below 4%, will water it down if it doesn't.....  seems happy enough at the moment, there was enough darker malts and crystal that it should stop below 4%

If I can sort my carbonation issues I will have a bottle of my house Ordinary - How To Drain Your Flagon.

I might have said this already, but that is a great name.

Slight addition to the usual rules - you can label your beer(s) with a 'style'.  Just a couple of words to assist drinkers jumping between styles adjust their expectations.  I don't think the slight loss of anonymity will do any harm.

And...  Please bring jugs.  We will have plenty of tasting glasses but need a jug per entry.

Cheers

Sorry guys, won't be able to make this one & don't have anything that looks remotely like a <4% beer!

I'll pop the trophy in the courier tomorrow.

Cheers.

That's a shame. At least we'll have a chance to win though!

Don't go to the expense of a courier though if you don't want. Where do you work? There's bound to be someone nearby who can bring it along on Sunday.

Kegging my dark us ale tonight so not 100% re carb levels but should be ok by Sunday.

Should be fine. Looking forward to trying it!

Really sorry I couldn't make this, had to look after a sick child...   I am destined never to make a limbo event as have tried and failed twice now.

On the positive side my beer was well received at a BBQ last night and I will be rebrewing it for the next limbo.

And the winners as voted yesterday

1st - Tom : Blackberry Berlinner Weisse

2nd - Rhys : Plum Berlinner Weisse

3rd - Martin : Bitter (How to Drain your Flagon)

For all results see attached graph (3 points for 1st choice, 2 points for 2nd...)

Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service