Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi Guys, Happy New Year!

Hopefully your beers held out and were enjoyed over Christmas.

My stocks are completely depleted, so have put down a couple more brews that will be ready mid Feb. Anyone keen for case swap II around then?

I am sticking with the summer theme with APA’s. (Will look at some autumn brews next).

Cheers.

John

Views: 131

Replies to This Discussion

Well what a day! Bottled 2doz Stouts that have been ready to go while brewing up that wert (Thanks again John) and after dropping the kit in and topping the water up to 23 Lt's the gravity had dropped down to 1.030, I'm pretty sure John you said it wouldn't need any more sugar once the kit had been added but the target gravity reading was 1.039. I took a punt and put in 450g of Dextrose and that brought it up to 1.040. I hope I did good!
Then finished the day with 2 hrs flyfishing in Rai valley. Nice!!
Daniel/Adam.

Have you bottled yet? How are they tasting?

John
Hey guys, am still on my teachers college block course but back Sat afternoon, so will bottle Sunday. Marina my wife dropped in dry hops on Sunday arvo so by time I bottle would be three weeks in the fermenter. Like Daniel, I used a can, went with the Coopers Real Ale and brought a ale yeast (blue pack) to add. Not sure off top of head of OG (notes at home in Nelson), need a new hydrometer though as my son broke my last one. By the way, shite on craft beers up here at the pub.......have to do bottle store only!
I'm the same, will try to bottle before the weekend. Have spent allot of time out of town so playing catch up at the mo.
Has been nearly three weeks in the fermenter, I threw in a Blackrock IPA kit with Nelson Sav (20g) Stirain Golding (20g) and some Fuggles to finish it (15g) during the boil and have not dry hopped it.
Just took a FG reading and it ha dropped down to 1.004 so it is well ready to bottle and it tastes GREAT!!!!
looking forward to this one!!!!!!
When is the next Swap????
Mini Swap 3 is planned for end of April when John has made it back to NZ. Planning on having it round @ my place!!!!
Cheers Dale.

Don't wait for me! You'll all be dying to try each others before then. Just save me a couple of bottles.

I have just kegged my version of a 'Best Bitter' and the porter is already in the keg for autumn, both waiting to be 'tapped' on my return. I am looking forward to sharing them.
John don't you think we will be able to keep our kegs full till then? I'm carbing up an APA, Vienna Lager and Bo Pilsner at the mo hope to start drinking in a couple of weeks.
From what I have observed..... No.
Ha Ha that's probably true maybe I'll bottles yours off before I start drinking them. At least then you'll know you at least get to have a try!!! I need to get them drunk have 3 more brews in the pipeline and will need the kegs empty again....or should I just get more kegs....hum!!!
Im sure this is some kind of breach of my Case Swap trade mark ;o) lol

But seriously, its good to see you guys doing this regularly! Case swaps are great fun!!
sure sure that's why it's called a Mini Case Swap Reviled to get round your trademark and start our own.....Maybe one day we would even let you come to one of our swaps!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service