Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Frings brewpub for sale. Only just stumbled across this, so don't know how long it has been on the market for:

http://www.buybusiness.com/Businesses/15184/Award-Winning-BrewpubMi...

Views: 2269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm coming up to Tahi on Wednesday. I can't wait. I can't believe it'll be my first time. :)

Suggestion Ian - it might be a good idea to put your opening times on the website. I had to call to find out, and really, that's what most people want from a pub's website: "Where are you, when are you open, and what do you have to eat and drink?" - a surprising number of NZ bar websites don't do this, and it never ceases to amaze me! Apologies if it's there and I missed it. I spent all of 60 seconds looking! ;)

Anyway, I'd love to have a few beers and a chat if you're around? I imagine we'll be there mid afternoon on Wednesday.

Will be nice to say G'day Greig, I will be cooking till 3ish then back into the bar so should be able to catch a breather with you.

Amazes me what I forget sometimes!!

Interesting discussions!

Just as an aside there are a number of brew pubs here in Chch that pretty much exclusively sell craft beer on tap. Dux de Lux, The Twisted Hop, Pomeroys and all the Harringtons bars. All of these look to be doing well.

The Dux has a lot going for it (location, big outside area, restaurant and lots of live music), The beer is consistent and perhaps not that exciting from a craft brewing point of view, but it is good beer. There is the occasional great guest beer on tap there.

Twisted Hop has location and style going for it, as well as hand pulled ales (a point of distinction from the other bars)

Pomeroys really support the craft brewers of NZ and every time I have been in there it has plenty of customers. I go there because I know there will be some great craft beers on tap.

Harringtons have some brews that are much more run of the mill, and I dare suggest that they get quite a number of the session drinkers rather than the people really seeking craft beer, but they do at least have a great variety and range of beer on tap for those who are more adventurous.

As far as I see it a brew pub can be run either way. Aim for something not too far away from what average Joe kiwi is used to and go for the mass market, or create something different and become a destination for the craft brew aficionados. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service