Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Anyone got some WLP002 or WY1968 they would like to trade? Also WY1272?

As per title. After some WLP002 or WY1968 to trade. Am in Chch. Also keen on some Wy1272 or similar American ale to try.

I have Dennys fav 50, WY3711 (saison), Wy1335 (Brit Ale II), WLP090 (San Diego Super Yeast) in the frozen yeast bank which could be started up for swaps, or there are hops and malt and other stuff.

I am keen on getting my hands on some soon. If nobody has some I will splash out and buy some.

Views: 342

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, there is some Scottish WLP028 (Edinburgh) around in there somewhere too.

Hey what's the 1335 like Ralph?
I've been tempted to try it, but always wavered at the last moment.
How kind is it to hops, what're the esters like, not to typically Brit is it?

Sorry for the off topic question, being in Welly I'm obviously not a trader, but at least it'll keep your discussion at the top of the pile :-)

Quite malt forward and really flocculant. Ester were present, but I did not think they were over top. I did ferment it reasonably cool at about 18 deg each time though so probably not in the "too fruity" fermentation range. Probably a little less than the usual Brit. I think it was ok on the hops, but as I have not repeated any recipes I have done with it with other yeasts I am not too sure...

If you were keen to try it I could always put some onto a slant and send it along as that would probably survive?

Cheers Ralph, and thanks for the offer.
Sounds like it's worth a try, I might pick one up in the next order and run wth it for half a dozen brews

I'm onto gen 5 of Thames Valley, sounds similar, maybe better on the hops by the sound of it. Waiting patiently for Thames Valley II to come back as a PC release. It was similar, just seemed to have a bit more guts.

Cheers

IN welly so not sure how helpful I can be.

I have WLP013 London G2, and WLP023 Burtons G2. The WLP013 maybe a good replacement for WLP002 in a pinch.

I also have a WLP013 G2 heavy.. ie it came out of a dark high alcohol beer.. so it may have mutated (and be better than ever )

I have a couple of others, PM me if interested.

(G's means the generation)

Hi Grant. Thanks for the offer but pretty keen on the 1968/002 and so will leave it for now.

Ralph, why not pick up a Fuller's beer which has been bottle conditioned and bring the yeast back to life? Most people seem to think Fuller's use the 1968/002. I seem to have had really good success with the bottle conditioned IPA that I used. Pitched 100ml of 1.040 wort into the dregs of the bottle and it took off within days! 

It's now going very well in a 2.5L English bitter, which should provide enough yeast for a 25L batch. 

I could do that... I am never sure that the yeast that people bottle condition with is the same as what they brew with, but the fullers might well be?

I'm pretty they use the same strain for bottle conditioning. It certainly seems to be acting like the WLP002 and WY1968 are supposed to. It's highly floculant, and clumpy. I'll give an update on how this test brew turns out. 

I'll check whats left in the fridge but I think I have 1272 and a helle bock which makes for a very similar flavoured beer, one of my personal favourite yeasts so far.

Post back shortly

Got some 1272 if youre still after it mate, will flick it in the post next week

I also have to re-culture the helle so will put one of them in as well.  Can't push that yeast enough, it's awesome!

L.

Excellent! That would be fantastic!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service