Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

This seems to be a trend for me with the late posts. But since no one is complaining loudly....

Our next competition is going to be an excellent one! I might even have an entry if it ever stops fermenting! This is the Double IPA or Imperial IPA. Since we use the BJCP guidelines, we will call it an Imperial. 14C described as follows:

Overall Impression: An intensely hoppy, very strong pale ale
without the big maltiness and/or deeper malt flavors of an
American barleywine. Strongly hopped, but clean, lacking
harshness, and a tribute to historical IPAs. Drinkability is an
important characteristic; this should not be a heavy, sipping beer.
It should also not have much residual sweetness or a heavy
character grain profile.

Vital Statistics: OG: 1.070 – 1.090
IBUs: 60 – 120 FG: 1.010 – 1.020
SRM: 8 – 15 ABV: 7.5 – 10%

The date is currently set at Saturday 22Nov, 3PM at Hallertau. 

As usual, let me know if you plan to enter. I need a volunteer steward too if you're interested.

See you there
Barb

Views: 444

Replies to This Discussion

See you all Saturday...by the end of it I probably won't be able to.

Anyone coming from the eastern burbs and want to carpool for this? I was thinking about driving (sob)... or perhaps we could have a fair game of chance :)

I'll be there

Thanks to all who showed up for this competition. There were some very good beers entered. (And then there was mine which was not so good)

Our judges, Martin and John did an excellent job along with our stewards Toru and Damon.

Winner this time was Mike with a silver medal score of 40.5 - Well done, Mike. Dan took third place with the enviable privilege of choosing the next style - Saision.

One additional change for next time. Instead of following the BJCP guidelines, we will switch to the Guidelines used at the world beer cup. These can be found on the SOBA NHC website - nhc.soba.org.nz - In this case, the style is 5I.

Now: Our results:

Thanks for organising Barb and many thanks to the judges and steward!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service