Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Afternoon all, here are some pics of my first year's growth from a single Green Bullet Hop rhizome. Its done quite well tucked down the side of my house in Auckland and gets sun for 3 or 4 hours or so a day.
Gutted i managed to break off the biggest and most flower ladden bine when i dropped a large scaffolding frame on it ...

What can i expect from this years harvest and growth, what i need to do to prune it back once its done, and what i need to do to take care of it (feeding watering etc.) over winter. Can i expect a lot more growth next few year. Quite happy how it ended up size-wise ... maybe could look at expanding the wires further horizontally. Cheers ...

Views: 1117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Tilt.

They're not quite to that level yet, especially not the smell. When rubbing them through your fingers its a very faint hop smell ... i'll keep check ing every few days or so.
I have an insect screen for our skylights (very fine mesh) thats unused in storage i though that might make a suitable screen.

Best to pick them all at once or as they're ready?!

seems like a lot of questions for a smallish 1st yr plant, but good to get it right from here ....

Sounds best to leave them for a few days. Your screen sounds perfect as a drying rack. I reckon  pick them as they ripen to get the best out of them. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service