Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Does anybody know if there is someone who makes conical fermentors on the homebrewer scale in nz? or does anyone have expereince with ordering these from overseas? what sort of prices etc

Views: 21791

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also keen to see those. Mash tun is one of the things I am searching for in the next step from BIAB to AG

Hi Liam, my first post on Realbeer.  You are running 6 months ahead of me - my plastic conical plans are still on paper only - well done!  I would love to come on board and get a couple of your prototypes.  Hopefully I am not too late.

Mails out, if you have not got one and were expecting one pm me asap, order has gone in this morning.

Issue for sale should be in about 6 weeks and we are hoping to have the 50 litre and 70 litre tanks plus the insulated mash tun out at the same time.  Shame you can't make boil kettles out of plastic...  As time does appear to push out quite a bit on these things take that with a pinch of salt.  I'll sort out all the additional fittings and sprinklers etc for the mash tuns once its made.

We have a working formula for putting chiller units into the tanks and will be running the prototypes of this in the next few weeks.  I need to find somone to make heavily insulated jackets if anyone has any contacts and they want to pass them onto me that would be appreciated.  There will be some time before these are available though, need to be checked thoroughly and we still don't know how it is going to work with the plastic.  It's definitley not going to be pretty thats for sure haha!  Nice if we can string 2-3 fermentors off a tank of glycol in the fridge.

Hi Liam,

i may be interested in a small plastic prototype. I've sent a friend request to ya. cheers Paul

Hey Guy,  we are still working through that but we'll probably have two sizes capable of mashing our 30 litres and 65 litres.  I have not got my head around the construction yet with dual skin and foam injection.  The additional head space might not be a problem to just have one big one but size might be an issue for people with limited space. 

Easier to make two and keep all the parts modular, that way if something breaks you only have to replace that part and if budget is an issue you only have to buy one lid and seal.  Seals are really $$$, crazy prices, and I don't mean orca food type seals, just simple rubber rings.

Anyway, everything is being design to match so you can buy as much as your budget allows and replace only what breaks.  Not that I expect to see anything broken, the only thing left standing after WW3 with be beer brewing cockroaches and these conical fermentors.

Excellent. I am keen to see the mash tuns too when you get them up and running...

+ 1 for me also. Im keen to see prices and options for conicals and mash tuns once you are ready to go.

I might have missed one of your posts Liam, but what was the plan for supporting the conical. Would I need to make my own frame if I bought one????

Been down with some viral thing but waking up now.

We have a design for a really bling stand but until I make some money back I can't afford to get the mould made.  A simple hole in a sheet of ply would do the trick though or you can cut legs and fix them to the sockets in the sides of the tank.

I'll get all the fittings out in the end, just can't afford to do them all at once and I'm not wanting to borrow another mortgage from the bank to roll it until I know how big the market is.  Might move quicker if I get sales overseas, nice big order to Aussie would be nice!

Prototype pms all sent out.  Might make up a thread for the mash tuns tomorrow once we have the design nutted out.  Get some feedback on sizes and number/location of ports etc.

Just a quick update, shipping looks to be about $20, I'll look to see if we can save anything on bulk to Wellington for the guys there.  Also just waiting on confirmation of the company account but will send out details and expected delivery as soon as I get it.

Found some awesome fittings today at a really good price that fix straight to the outlet tube, testing them later to make sure they are all good.  Terminates with a 32mm valve, almost clean bore out of the tank.

Also threads really well to 1 1/4" BSP so you can crank on a valve directly or a reducing socket.  Makes it nice and easy for the tri-clamps too.  Stoked!  Was a little worried until I managed to get all the parts but the lads have made it spot on!

I have most of the costs now, so not long before we can sort out the retail costs.

Account up and running, again!  

Just waiting on the expected delivery date and I'll confirm with all the prototype guys.

No prototype girls :(

Hey guys,

Prototypes will be ready next week, pc at home has died unfortunately but being rebuilt. I'll post out early next week with account details and shipping.
Also with the photos of the termain fitting options. I'll speak to those taking a prototype as you might want me to ship fittings and valves along with it.
Tom I hope you are reading this as well, cant access my gmail from work and no pc at home to mail you directly.
Phil from Great Expectations is happy to take delivery of the Wellington tanks so will do a bulk shipping to there which will reduce costs.

L.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service