Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I owned a brewpub and guest house in South Africa. I have been brewing for at least 20 years of which the last 10 on a commercial basis. Could not stand the bland mainstream product any longer. After a LSD trip in March last year, I put the SA business on the market and have just sold it. I want to move to NZ on a Long Term Business Visa.
I have a few options and I would welcome any suggestions.
1. I can ship a complete brewery to NZ and start from scratch;
2. I can attempt to buy a going concern outright;
3. I can buy a share of a going concern. Immigration requires that I own at least 25% of a going concern.
To my mind option 3 is the most practical as I can learn about the local beer and business scene from a local, and will not have to establish a new brand from scratch. MY cheap SA Rands will not bring me far if I have start from scratch.
If any of the forum members can assist or point me in a direction I will eternally grateful.
Have a look at www.hopshollow.com
Regards from the highest brewery in the Southern Hemisphere
Theo Delete Comment

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is occasionally a brewery that is up for sale, the last one I noticed was wanaka beerworks, I dont know where they stand now and i,d imagine it would cost alot to purchase,
Maybe you can find 3 others who would like to do do the same thing and start a business, im sure its a dream of alot people around here, I would tomorrow If I had the money!

That must have been one hell of an acid trip to make you sell your business and move to NZ! LMAO
Yo Dan, I should have been more specific or your boys in blue may just nab me when I next set foot on NZ soil. The LSD trip was a "look see and decide" trip to NZ.
Ha Ha was thinking the same as Dan. Also had a look at the website and thought all looks good there Theo. Unfortunately I have no advice to offer, however I do wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing your brews available here in NZ.

Cheers

WayneO

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service