Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi folks,

I've just been to the Liquorland at Forest Hill (Auckland, North Shore) and they have got an excellent selection of NZ and UK bottled beers. From memory there were definitely several Green Man beers, Emersons, Croucher, Wanaka, Invercargill Brewery, Three Boys and several others that I can't remember. Quite a few Belgians and a few British ones too. This is the best selection I've seen in a Liquorland, in fact anywhere other than the Hallertau beer fridge!

I guess it must be down to the inidividual store managers to choose their range because the closest Liquorland to me (Northcross, similar sized shop) has a very poor selection of non-mainstream beers.

I'm cutting down on my beery purchases at the moment but whenever I'm looking for something interesting, I'll definitely be heading to Forest Hill. Shopkeepers like that deserve our support and encouragement.

Cheers,

Martin

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for that mate, yeah I was up at North cross in January some time and noticed they had a few different beers, but yes I was a little dissapointed, i'll definetly head into Forest Hill now. Cheers!
My local now is the Mt Eden store which has a great sellection, although when i worked on the shore I would visit the Albany Shop, whish is good aswell.
From chatting with the manger its obvious that its not the mainstream Lion and DB beers that people want from their local, not when they can go to the supermarket and pick them up for half the price.

Its the good stuff people are willing to go the distance to find, all the Imports and craft brews; Three Boys, Emerson's, Tuatara, Wigram, Harringtons amongst the many others.
It shows that kiwi drinkers are growing up and won't settle for weasle piss anymore!

Most of the Auckland City Stores have great selections. And what they don't have let them know and they will do their best to find it for you.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service