Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

715 is the 1.033 Brown pictured above - it really isn't that dark is it

I really must tidy up my bottles!

While out Christmas shopping this arvo I called into Speakers Corner in Browns Bay to try the Galbraith's beers. They had two handpumps - Bellringers and Antipodean (the NZ Pale Ale). I had a swift Antipodean and it was on good form - maybe not quite as awesome as at home base, but certainly worth drinking. And cheaper than at the mothership too!

My shopping travels took me past Liquorland at Forrest Hill. Their craft selection has improved tremendously and I picked up:

8Wired ReWired

Croucher Pale Ale

Tuatara APA

Yeastie Boys PKB US Remix

Townshend Cathcarts & Dinner Ale

Emersons JP 2010

Three Boys Oyster Stout & Golden

Loads of other good stuff there too, including some Mountain Goat from Aussie.

Dear Martin.

Thank you for reminding me ahow good the beer scene in Auckland has become.

Unfortunately, here in New Plymouth the beer scene is still shit.

As an expatriot Aucklander, I feel a great sense of jealousy.

I'm working hard on changind things up a bit, but in the mean time - please keep your envious exploits to your self...

Kind regards,

Joseph.

Reckon you'll have it improved by the 29th bro? ;)

We'll give it a nudge!

Just spent a very enjoyable afternoon at Galbraith's with a bunch of SOBA members, a Yeastie Boy & I even said a brief hello to a Custard Square!

Bob Hudson's was on truly monumental form and it was very hard to drink anything else. Nevertheless I managed a couple:

PKB on tap. Tasting real good, nice roast, good hops.

8Wired HopWired. Quite possibly the best batch I've tasted. The same tropical fruit cocktail, pineapple more prominent maybe, but oh so balanced and drinkable.

Deschutes Hop In The Dark CDA. I actually really like this beer, it's one of the best black IPAs/American Black Ale/Cascadian Dark Ales that I've had. The hops are very evident but meld well with the almost creamy roastiness. A very well integrated beer. Hurts the credit card though!

No real beer and food matching going on tomorrow. Baked crusted salmon for the main meal, and I'll probably accompany that with a nice Hunter Semillon if I have any left in the cellar. Otherwise it's a Landlord-ish thing on handpump, a US Amber, smoky Porter & Belgian Barleywine on tap, plus a cornucopia of NZ craft bottles in the fridge.

Merry Christmas to all!

With Bob on offer I can rarely drink anything else!
Right now, drinking the Tuatara APA that the kids left out for Santa, bless them. Had this for the first time a couple of weeks ago and couldn't stop thinking about it - one of my beers of the year, definitely. Between this, Armageddon and Hop Wired I'd find it hard to pick a favourite. Guess I'll have to keep drinking all three to try and make up my mind!

I've been in Dunedin for the last week, and it's been great on the beer front... Maybe a little too good, given I've now got stuff all cash left, and am massively lethargic (and surprisingly flatulent?!) after hitting Albar and Mou Very 5 times in the last 6 days.

Enjoyed plenty of Emersons Pilsener, Bookbinder, all on tap... Plus Renaissance APA, Invercargill Breweries Albar Ale, and Emersons London Porter on hand pull.

Got a rigger of Armageddon from Castle Macadam Wine, and I have to say it's much nicer from the keg than in the bottle IMO.

Looking forward to enjoying bottles of Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA, Arrogant Bastard, and Epic Tamarillo Porter tonight for xmas. Castle Macadam Wine rules.

Have a good one fellas, merry xmas.

Christmas Day drinks, all ten-thirty something beers.
Consequently ended the day feeling chipper and in good nick - I like this !

Braving the Welly wind in the garden today, building up some beds for the last lot of spuds, tying up tomatoes and building up a thirst

There are two Tui Blonds in the fridge, left by the Far Side yesterday - curiosty may get the better of me.

Damn temptation - that was the worst beer moment of 2010 and the first drainpour in I don't know how long, uuuurgghh

That gives me my New Years resolution - resist temptation, do not be curious !

Good on ya for trying it with an open mind jt.  I had a similar experience with Export old a few months back.

I picked up some cheap Coopers recently and I have a bottle each of the Pale Ale and Sparkling Ale sitting in my fridge for a side by side taste off sometime over the next week.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service