Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

As you may remember we had to change our original plan which had been to go over to Waiheke island for the November meeting. The revised plan is to have a meeting at the Cock & Bull in Newmarket on Saturday 8th November at 2pm. I know this is Election Day, but I'm assuming you'll all be keen for a beer after exercising your democratic rights!

We won't be having a formal tasting or meeting with the brewer, although I'm keen to try their current seasonal and those of you who didn't make it to our meeting at the Ellerslie C&B will have the opportunity to try the range.

The main thing I want to cover at the meeting is the SOBA newsletter - "The Pursuit Of Hoppiness". By then we should have received the Auckland allocation of the 2nd issue for distribution. I'd like to discuss:
- who can distribute the newsletter to the various locations that have agreed to keep copies
- how we identify other locations
- how we get more Auckland-specific content in future issues

So I hope many of you will come along so we can start really being active as a group. Let me know if you plan to be there so I can reserve an area.

Some advance warning for the December meeting
- we will be joining in with the Auckland Guild of Winemakers & Brewers for their annual BBQ and prizegiving. The date for this event is 6th December, so put it in your diary and we'll talk about it in more detail at the meeting on the 8th November.

Cheers & beers,

Martin

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very little response so far - please let me know if you're planning to be there on Saturday.

Cheers,

Martin
I'm planning on being there
I'll be there Martin
A good meeting - just a few quick notes here:
- everyone very impressed by the newsletter
- discussed more possible distribution points for the newsletter. Unfortunately Warehouse Stationery were out of stock of the holders so I didn't get them distributed today.
- next meeting will be a joint BBQ with the Auckland Guild of Homebrewers & Winemakers on 6th December, which sounds like a superb event
- looking into a Waiheke Island trip in February

The Fuggles was on great form. Not blown away by the Rhinefire Oktoberfest, though.

Martin

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service