Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I thought I would start a thread about Beervana as it is pretty new and we are working on a lot behind the scenes.

Festive Brews will be back at Beervana.

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm excited. :)
Breweries that will be at Beervana (5th & 6th September), and with Festive Brew (so far)

Beervana + Festive Brew
Epic
Hallertau
Mussel Inn
Aotearoa
Three Boys

Beervana
Sunshine
White Cliffs
Peak Brewery
Waituna
Renaissance
The Loaded Hog
Macs
Independent

http://www.brewnz.co.nz
West Coast Brewing
Yeastie Boys (Festive Brew)
Dux de Lux
Beervana & Festive Brew
The Croucher Brewing Company
Beer Force (Importer)
Beervana & Festive Brew
The Emerson Brewing Company
Island Bay Brewing
Brew Moon
Twisted Hop
Harrington's
Green Man Brewery from Dunedin will be at Beervana, and will have 4 beers on tap, plus 5 others in bottles, INCLUDING the 2nd batch of the 'White Label' Whisky Bock (Festive Brew), a Doppelbock that's been matured on whisky-soaked American Oak. At 9% ABV it should be treated with the utmost respect ;-) ...
There's been a recent feature on Green Man in the ODT. View it at:
http://www.odt.co.nz/lifestyle/food-wine/18551/little-brewery-stron...

Glassware and T-shirts will also be available, too.
Good stuff Tom - on getting such a big range of beer to Beervana (wish I was going to be there for a sample) and on the article (every bit helps). And, while we are on it, the last few Green Man beers I've tasted have been pretty good. I did like the Stout - a mini-Imperial Stout in some ways, subtle but not at all simple. Keep heading on that track.

I saw this article - or a similar one - a little while back, I think it was linked from the blog here. I must say I was intrigued about what appears to me to be a contradiction - between you being a "greenie from way back" and all the overseas shipping of the beer that appears to be going on. I'm sure a lot of other people reading the article would think along these lines also but the journalist has not picked up on it [did you slip him some of that Dopplebock ;-)]

I understand you have award-winning green initiatives (re-use bottles, use recycled paper, use a more environmentally friendly glue etc.) but where does the line get drawn for a brewery that markets itself on being so "green"? I imagine this area as one of the big headaches for you.

Slainte mhath
Stu

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service