Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I am getting a couple of 150 litre fermentors made ready for cider making at the end of April, if anyone would like another made at the same time let me know.  I'm just using a simple 150 litre conical hopper with threaded sockets mounted in the sides for legs and to secure the lids in place.

Not sure on final fittings at the cone yet, will depend very much on my budget which is in a sorry state currently...  So many shiny new toys to buy and make and so little spending money :p

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be placing the order for these mid next week so if you want one give me plenty of time to organise it.

Too big for me... Mrs Baker would kick my arse.

I'm still looking forward to the smaller units you are designing tho.

Me too mate, just waiting now and it seems to be dragging...  My brewery is back online again now too using nice liquid yeast, seems wrong to be using normal fermentors.  Not far away I hope.

Was noted that I should post dimensions and costs on the 150 litre fermentors, will post them when I get home tonight.  Costs as well, or as close as I can calculate, I expect them to be about $200 each.

I just 'sampled' my Scotch Ale made using normal fermentor and glass carboy...  can say I find anything wrong with it.... except I can only make 30 bottle at a time.

When I think about how long it took to ferment and mature - making bigger batches makes sense... so your 35l to 70l conicals are up there to be considered... (porbably along with a larger mashtun, mines good for about 30l of Ale or 23l of Scotch Ale)

I will take 3 at this price. PM me to discuss shipping, payment, dates etc

Sorry mate been out of the loop the last couple of days, just waiting on confirmation of the tanks. 

Hi, interested in the tanks? Who made them and how do they work?
Cheers
*look
stupid iPhone.

They are just large plastic hoppers from the dairy industry, not custom made fermentors.  Good enough for my needs making cider.

The guys found some really nice tanks that were cheaper but without the deep cone, these have a small shallow one.  Enough for me as its an annual event making cider so I don't need/want to collect the yeast.

Limited number though and I think they are already taken.  I'll post a photo when I get them.  Certainly nothing flash, just big and clean with a tight lid.

They need to be tapped etc. by yourself, I'm just using a simple bulkhead fitting same as a normal plastic fermentor bins you get from the home brew shops.

The original ones I was looking at have a much deeper cone close to 60 degrees and large flange around the centre so had a good spot for suporting it, but the flange shape continued on the inside so was no good for us.  Shame as it was a nice looking tank.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service