Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Views: 141

Comment by Danny on September 19, 2013 at 4:39pm

Looks cool. Is that pot sitting right on the burner or is it on the bricks?? If on the bricks, where are they from and high far from the burner is your pot??

Is it stable??

Comment by Willem Truter on September 19, 2013 at 5:13pm
Thanks mate. Yea hey I realised that the pot was sitting too high off the flames. The bricks are just from bunnings warehouse. Pretty stable with that amount of weight pushing down. Did the trick tho. Whatcha brewing man?
Comment by Danny on September 19, 2013 at 8:27pm
Do you reckon the pot us too high from the flame? I've been going straight onto the burner but looking at doing something similar to this. Are the bricks fire bricks or just pavers?

Just put down a smash with pilsner malt and motueka hops with 1056 yeast. Looking foward to it.
Comment by Willem Truter on September 20, 2013 at 6:59am

I think it was too high from the flames but you can compensate that by getting the right height bricks  I brewed again last weekend and had the pot sit on the burner but it felt like I should have had them on the bricks - it just feels more stable. Nah I they are just your average paver bricks - heavy buggers. I put them straight onto flames ( as a test ) and they didnt crack or break or anything so they must have some heat tolerance. Yup yup that beer does sound nice. Above is a pils/munich with sauvin and saaz in 4 fermenters with 3 different strains of saccharomyces.Happy brewing!

Comment

You need to be a member of RealBeer.co.nz to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service