Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Main tee join.

I chose braided hose which came with a right angle fitting. After removing the rubber core I reattached the original ends by jamming them inside the braid and securing with hose clamps. Fiddly but worked well.

The right angle ends screw onto a male tee join. The tee join connects to a female-to-female threaded joiner which is connected to ~70mm of threaded brass pipe. A rubber o-ring keeps things water tight.

Check out the external pics for the rest.

Shopping list (all parts were 15mm, aka 1/2" from either Mitre10 or Oakley):
- 2x braided hose with the right angle connection.
- 4x stainless steel hose clamps (garden dept)
- 1x 100mm threaded pipe. This was cut into two parts, ~30mm and 70mm.
- 1x brass tee join, all ends male (the part I chose came with attachments to connect flared copper pipe but I didn't use them).
- 1x brass female-to-female joiner.
- 1x male-to-male ball valve.
- 1x brass male-to-barbed hose adaptor (this was the hard part to find, had to go to Oakley).
- 1x brass nut.
- 1x rubber O ring.
- Teflon tape (to seal the threaded joins on the outside).

Mitre10 was generally cheaper than Oakleys unless you have an account or feel like haggling.

Price things up because the parts can swapped around and the costs for similar parts vary a lot. For example it was cheaper to buy the all male tee join with unneeded nuts and a female joiner than a single tee join with a female connection.

I put all the parts through the dishwasher before assembling to remove the grease.

Views: 117

Comment by Brett Mason on February 23, 2011 at 10:19pm

Should also add this has been through a years worth of brewing now and still going well.

Only change I would probably make is to maybe add washers to spread the compression on the wall of the chilly bin. The current design is really crushing into it.

Oh, and ideally get a bigger chilly bin but it was free. 25l is a little small.

Comment by Brett Mason on November 12, 2012 at 6:39pm

The trick is to push the braid down the hose away from the ends. This will cause it to compress lengthwise but also grow in diameter. Push compress it from each end until the inner rubber hose is loose. Good luck.

Comment

You need to be a member of RealBeer.co.nz to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service