Christchurch Case Swap

Forum to discuss case swaps for the Christchurch Crew. Feedback on beers tasted, recipes and any questions and answers.

• CS1 - Douglas's Belgian Amber, 5.7%

This is my second attempt at a sessionable, malt-forward Belgian, this time with a different yeast strain. People tell me that beers with WLP500 are better after 2-3 months. I think this is alright now after two weeks in the bottle, but you can exercise discretion on when to drink it. ;-)  …

By Dougal

• Case Swap 1 - March 2013

Righto people. We are on the board. Case swap number 1 completed with 7 intrepid brewers contributing a brew each on the 15th of March.How about if we start a thread for each beer we are discussing within this group, then it is easier to find the info and give feedback on the beer? Just title it…

By Ralph

• CS1 - Oli and Mike's Bitter (B1 and B2)

Session Bitter recipe from Brewing Classic Styles. Brewed at Olis place with chilly-bin mashtun and 100L boil kettle. Pre boil wort yielded high gravity and so upped projected volume from 45L…

By Mike

• CS1-Robs Belgian Brown-7.4%

After getting some 3711 yeast from Finney, (Thanks again), I decided after brewing a saison, to brew a brown saison, which is essentially a belgian brown ale: If I gotta say, that 3711 yeast is a real monster. Hope you enjoy it...Type: Partial Mash Date: 2/03/2013 Batch Size (fermenter): 21.00 l…

By Crusader-Rob

• CS1 - Finneys Ordinary Bitter Version2

Ordinary Bitter v2Standard/Ordinary BitterType: Partial MashDate: 17-11-2012Batch Size (fermenter): 20.00 lBrewer: PaulBoil Size: 9.82 lAsst Brewer:Boil Time: 60 minEquipment: Pot ( 3 Gal/11.4 L) - ExtractEnd of Boil Volume 8.99 lBrewhouse Efficiency: 55.00 %Final Bottling Volume: 19.05 lEst Mash…

By Ralph

• CS1 - Paul Fraser's Schwarzbier - 4.6%

Here's my Schwarzbier recipe. I had one last night and it didn't seem as sweet as the Friday so hopefully it will dry out a bit with carbonation.SchwarzbierSchwarzbier (Black Beer)Type: All GrainDate: 20/01/2013Batch Size (fermenter): 23.00 lBrewer: Paul FraserBoil Size: 32.38 lAsst Brewer:Boil…

By Paul Fraser

• CS1 - Zane's APA 5.5%

So this was an Epic Pale Ale clone. Recipe was hashed together out of the various versions you can find around the internet. Went something like this. There are more IBU than calculated. The hot whirlpool definitely adds some bitterness.Cascadian Pale AleAmerican Pale AleType: All GrainDate:…

By Ralph