Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Its well into 2013 and I can't believe its been so long since the last one.

A great chance to get some feedback on that experimental brew you're wanting to perfect for this year's NHC - or just wallow in the delight of a mixed case from other brewers keen to share the love...

Has anyone else got the hankering to get another CS off the ground?

How's the first weekend in May sound as a swap date?

Views: 1603

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tilt, i'm keen, I've made a couple of beers i'm finally pretty chuffed with a russian imperial stout i stout clone or an ordinary bitter dry hopped with a EKG. I would love to get feedback on... I'm in Whangarei so yeah how does the swapping work? i see there's another couple  of whangarei brewers too cheers Paul. Roof supply here so no brewing at the moment.

Sweet Paul - jump on.  A RIS or a nice OB are both welcome additions (in fact folk before have been known to send in a half/half mix of two different brews to get feedback on each). 

Check back to the 4th post on the first page to see how it all works.

Looks like we're getting a strong Whangarei contingent coming through.  Is one of you guys happy to be a rallying point up there?

I work in town and the couriers are in and out all day - so I'll put my hand up for the rally point.

Good man, Dan, on the hand up for the rally point. I'll send a friend request and we can sort out logistics from there. My keg of ordinary bitter got polished off at my daughters 7th birthday party. I don't know what that says about my daughters mates parents... and me! fortunately it only took one bottle of the RIS to slow them down a bit. ordinary bitter is very sessionable! so i'll be bringing a crate of istout clone unless if it rains in the coming days and get another brew down.

Thanks Dan - should bring the shipping costs down a wee bit.

Hi Tilt, as Dan mentioned earlier i'm a new member (BIAB'r) to the site and keen to participate in the CS9. I'm in Whangarei also.

Great Luke - your name's on the list.  11 brewers now, its looking like a good one.

I'm keen Tilt. I have an AG version of the "West Coast Blaster" from Brewing Classic Styles bubbling away at the moment. Temp control has been a bit dicey but I hope it should still be worthy of this noble venture. If it turns out no good it just gives me an excuse to brew something else. I'm in Auckland. 

Cheers Rob - thats a nice recipe, looking forward to trying your version.

Good to see the Christchurch boys getting stuck into a local swap too - is definitely the season for it.

Updated CS9 list:

Damian Peterson - Auckland

mattd2 - Papamoa

Simon David Kelly (tentative?) - Wellington

Dan - Whangarei

Adam Barnes - Wellington

Tilt - Auckland

Matt Smith - Auckland

Dash 6 - Auckland

Paul M - Whangarei

Rob Thomas - Auckland

Another thought on timing if you can wait another couple of weeks.  What about organising the swap around the next WBC date (late May IIRC)?

That way could do a lot of the swapping in convivial surroundings at Hallertau, maybe taste a couple on the day and save a bunch on shipping if any of the Whangarei lads are coming down for the day.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea. What's the date for the WBC ?

"End of May" was all I could see on the WBC  thread.  I guess that means the 25th...  Anyone have anything more definite?

Looking at my brew schedule over the weekend and gotta say I'm keen for the 25th of May as a swap date.  

How about we lock a date in so we've got an idea of what we're aiming for?  8+ weeks seems a reasonable lead in for anyone who wants to do something that needs a bit of conditioning.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service