Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Its well into 2013 and I can't believe its been so long since the last one.

A great chance to get some feedback on that experimental brew you're wanting to perfect for this year's NHC - or just wallow in the delight of a mixed case from other brewers keen to share the love...

Has anyone else got the hankering to get another CS off the ground?

How's the first weekend in May sound as a swap date?

Views: 1603

Replies to This Discussion

Hope there's been a bit of hop growing in your backyard tho..

Hell's yes! I did an amber a couple of weeks ago with 500g of fresh hops and still had a kilo left to dry and freeze. Happy days my friend! I'll be kegging it this week and bring a bottle along to the next WBC (if it's not a grass bomb!).

Nice one! I rammed 600g  wet and 60g of dried fresh Danscade into a harvest ale over the weekend.  250g dried are still sitting in the freezer for my next one.  I'll look forward to comparing notes on our lawn clipping wonders. 

To update on the interest so far we have:

Damian Peterson - Auckland

mattd2 - Papamoa

Simon David Kelly (tentative?)

Dan - Whangarei

Adam Barnes

Tilt - Auckland

Anyone else keen for a bit of case swappage?

I'll jump in again

Cool - added to the rabble.

mattd2 - Papamoa

Simon David Kelly (tentative?)

Dan - Whangarei

Adam Barnes

Tilt - Auckland

Matt Smith - Auckland

Count me in.

Tom, North Shore Auckland.

Righto, thanks Tom  - up to 8 now.  Its looking like a goer. 

mattd2 - Papamoa

Simon David Kelly (tentative?) - Wellington

Dan - Whangarei

Adam Barnes - Wellington

Tilt - Auckland

Matt Smith - Auckland

Dash 6 - Auckland

There's no need to finalise the list til a week or two before, but now that we'll each get at least a 6 pack of tasters I'm thinking about what I'll brew.  I've got a hankering for a late Autumn Brown Ale, but then again an Alt might be good too....

What do you others reckon you'll brew?

I've got a mate up here who will join in too.

He's just joined Realbeer today - so it'll be a couple of days before him name pops up.

He's a BIAB'er - but I don't hold it against him :) haha

At this stage I'm thinking a Belgian Stout for my swap.

Excellent  - the more the better... even if he is a teabagging BIABer.

Belgian stout - now thats one beer I haven't managed to get right yet - very keen to taste and learn!

I've never tried making one before - but I can't think of a better time to try. How hard could it be..right???

Yeah - true, nothing like feedback to hone the recipe.  My experience is that its a challenge to get the belgian phenols and roast flavours to play nicely together.  But I did try to work my recipe up from scratch with a concept in mind rather than use a tried and tested recipe.  Bit off more than I could chew at the time - but learnt a whole heap from doing it...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service