Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Just a reminder that the next Auckland-area SOBA meeting will be held this coming Saturday at 2pm at Galbraiths. I am hoping to get Ian (the brewer) to come along and talk about the house beers, but I haven't yet been able to get in touch with him. If he can't make it I still propose that we taste through the house beers range anyway.

As well as tasting I'd quite like to talk about a couple of other things:
- anything arising from the SOBA AGM in Wellington last weekend
- any thoughts about organising some form of craft beer festival within the next year

Barry is hoping to bring along the SOBA shirts, so remember your cash.

Please let me know if you're planning to be there.

Thanks,

Martin

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ian has now confirmed that he will be there, and Keith Galbraith himself may also be there.

Cheers,

Martin
Just a brief report, more to follow.

What a superb afternoon! Keith Galbraith was on good form, talking to us for a good couple of hours about all things beer. Ian Ramsay chipped in with some subtle wisdom too. We even got into some deep soul-searching about What Is SOBA?? And to top it all off, Keith pulls out the last magnum of Romanov Imperial Porter and says "Be careful when you pour it, it tends to be a bit gassy after 10 years"!!

Serious kudos to Keith & his team.

Cheers,

Martin
Yes it was a most excellent meeting. Thanks again to Keith and Ian. The beer was also up to it's own high standards.
Apologies tot he SOBA crew to not making it. Went for a 100km bike ride in the morning and subsequently fell asleep on the couch. Though sounds like I should be doubly sorry...the last magnum of Romanov Imperial Porter!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service