The Recipe Exchange

A place to find and discuss different recipes for different styles of beer. Start a new discussion / thread with the beer style you are looking for.
  • Craig

Does anyone have a recipe for a budweiser taste beer?
  • JoKing

I think those "clonbrew" books have something in there mate.
  • James P

Craig, all grian or kit?
  • Craig

all grain
  • James P

Something similar to:
    3kg Pilsner Malt
    1kg Corn adjunct (polenta, corn grits, hell maybe even corn flakes)
    .25kg Carapils
    10gm Cascade @ 60, 15 & 5.
    Ferment with a pilsner yeast (Wyest 2007 or WLP840 is buds I think)
  • Craig

Thanks for your help. Have you had any luck using rice flakes as a adjunct?
  • JoKing

I've used rice flakes - it'll suit this recipe. You need to boil the living shit out of them for an hour and then add the resultant gloop into your mash.
  • Craig

Ive got to say that thanks to you guys I mad my very first All grain lager the few weeks ago with just a basic recipe of pale malt grain, crystal malt and hops and its the best brew I have ever made! I didnt think there would be that much difference between an All grain and a beer kit. I dont understand how they can taste so much better than a kit when it basically the same stuff.
  • Craig

There doesnt seem to be that homebrew taste you get with kits. Not as much anyway
  • JoKing

It gets better as you get better too mate.
  • Craig

Thats good to hear
  • JoKing

Hey Craig - you might get a bit more luck if you post your questions under a forum discussion.
  • Craig

Oh ok, sorry still trying to get the hang of this.
  • Adam Tristram

Kia Ora all.....thought I would get amongst it. Have full grain facilities, thanks to Dale :) Currently do full grain mash, split wort and do 2 boils and add liquid extract - will continue to while I make some Ok drinkable beers and get stocks up... LOL. Any suggestions for FG mash that can be split - just did a mash on Friday and did a NZ IPA and Best Bitter.....looking for other suggestions for 2 brews to do off the one mash? Cheers Adam